Password reset broken

PFCDamage

I have an account to which I have forgotten my password due to irregular use. I have tried time and time again to reset my password through the email recovery system, with 4 different internet browsers, but it doesn't work. I made this new account here just so I could log in and post this in hope that someone from Paypal can either help or do something about the broken site.

1. I request the email to begin the password recovery.

2. I click said link in my email, I get redirected to a page to select a security question.

3. The dropdown box to click on in order to select a question is empty.

4. Because of this, I can not continue to reset my password.

I don't know if I'm the only one to have this problem, but it's very annoying as I direly need to access my account to forward some payments. I can not call customer service because I do not have a house phone and am not willing to pay 50+ bucks to call them on a mobile.

This is very frustrating as I have also sent two emails to Paypal about it and have received no confirmation, and no response. It seems the only way to get any help is by calling and giving them a ton of money while I wait on hold. Customer service through this company is extremely poor. I am not sure how Paypal became the world's number one online transaction medium if they do not handle these small yet crippling problems.

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

tutushka
New Community Member

More info: I am using firefox, Windows XP, and have tried both comcast.net and gmail.

Login to Me Too

tutushka
New Community Member

I am using firefox. When I click on the retrieve password button, I get a blank screen.  I hope you can fix this quickly.  I can't form a new account because PayPal won't let me use the bank account on my old paypal.

Login to Me Too

ever
New Community Member

OMG. I am not alone in this world who has the same problem!!! Why paypal workers just dont change the link in e-mail to resset password, it just few clicks away?? Anyways some info to help lazy people.

1. I am using Firefox

2. I am getting all my e-mails from Paypal to www.mail.ru 

3. I am using Windows XP

4. Yes I had to create one more account to post on this forum.
5. I never had a problem with my memory so maybe i have misspeled my password then Paypal asked me to reset it. (I tryed to use paypal from different IP address and computer).

6 HELP! (I need to pay for item on eBay).

Login to Me Too

katygirl

I too had this issue it was crazy...click here for reset no page appears...click here for phone reset..I click and get "you have a valid email addy please check mail for reset link...click here for questions...click and I get "please enter password"...on and on...phone number given on site took me to a automated answering system which ironically enough once I started swearing since it did not recognize those words it put me thru to a person ...sho said they are aware of the issue...BOTTOM LINE is that I asked for the DIRECT toll free number that would get me to a person which is 1-Login, Click "Contact Us", Click "Customer Service Center".  Hope it works.  I spent over 3 hours just trying to pay for something.  Ridiculous.

GOOD LUCK FOLKS!!

Kate

Login to Me Too

katygirl

okay I just viewd what I sent and they omitted the toll free number...I will try again...1-Login, Click "Contact Us", Click "Customer Service Center".  Weird.

Login to Me Too

katygirl

ha...happened again...okay here we go I will try a diff approach - one followed by eight eight eight two two one one one six one.

Best I can think of to do.

k

Login to Me Too

Maddy
New Community Member

Hi

Yes, same problem but luckily I have another Paypal account for home use so I'm logged into that one now to send this message.

I use Outlook 3, XP, Internet Explorer etc.

Good luck!

Login to Me Too

kgreen169
New Community Member

My husband is trying to reset his password since he forgot it.  When he gets the email to reset, it does take hime to the password reset screen OK.  Problem is that you are asked to verified by bank account or security question.  He clicks on security question.  1st question is mother's maiden name.  He enters that.  2nd question is blank but it expects an answer.  No idea what the 2nd question is, since it is not displayed.  Does anyone know what the 2nd question is.  If the answer is left blank, the verification is rejected.

He tried clicking on verify by bank account.  But his account was not set up with bank account, just credit card.

Is there any way to get the password reset?  The automated help was NO help

Signed

Frustrated in Colorado

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.