Mystery Payment

rocket40
Contributor
Contributor

I received a payment to my PayPal account form China and I have never ever sold anything to anyone anywhere. Of course the "buyer" files a complaint that he didn't get his item that I never sold him in the first place. Now PayPal resolved this by refunding the "buyer", which is fine. But now I get an email saying my account is negative(due to the fact there has never been any money in it) from the fee for reversing the transaction. Why do I have to pay a fee becasue some idiot sent me money for something I never sold? How can I find out what the "buyer" thinks he bought and how do I get PayPal to fix ti?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

stellabean
Contributor
Contributor

Was there anything in the transaction details? I sell on ETSY and when I get a payment, I can click on "details" next to the payment in my "account overview" page. I see an itemized list of the things my customer bought from me. There will also be the customer's e-mail address. I know there's probably a language barrier, but maybe you can write the person and ask what's up?

Login to Me Too

Answer_Man311
Contributor
Contributor

call paypal tell them the situation, they will happily refund your fee, change your password too, sounds like someone is hacking you

Login to Me Too

rocket40
Contributor
Contributor

I think I will call them and talk to a live person. Thanks for the help.

Login to Me Too

rocket40
Contributor
Contributor

No, there were no details. Thanks for the response I appreciate it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.