Is a percentage taken out my shipping charges?

juniper01
Contributor
Contributor

When using the invoce feature and I add the shiiping charges to the invoice, does Paypal take a percentage of my shipping charges also, or just a percentage of the invoice total before shipping?  Is this as clear as mud? 🙂

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Fees are calculated on the TOTAL Amount.   The Total Amount is the merchandise and/or service, plus shipping and taxes if applicable.

Regards,

skier

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Fees are calculated on the TOTAL Amount.   The Total Amount is the merchandise and/or service, plus shipping and taxes if applicable.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

over_charged
Contributor
Contributor

It seems a little unfair.. to charge for the whole sum rather than just the Goods/ Services, given that ebay doesn't on the S&H.. but it appears when the parent co ebay began paypal, it was intentional. book keepers n lawyers [lie-auers].

All in All It is our politicians, who allow paypal to lobby to let the company function as a bank,, yet not be regulated as such.. **bleep** its our own faults for being lulled into being forced to use them on ebay, Stand Up.. Demand Your reps take action to get this under control,

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Seems there's some folks who simply don't understand credit card processing and because of this they complain.  Case-in-point:  even brick and mortar stores are charged fees on the TOTAL amont of the sale.   As a customer, you don't care, you get your receipt, hand over your credit card and pay the total amount on the receipt.   The merchant must submit the total amount, including tax and what ever else.   The merchant is charged processing fees on the total amount of the transaction.   It's just that simple.   Is it fair?   Don't simply single out PayPal.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

sprytling
New Community Member

I understand that Paypal charges what the merchant tells them they should.  But I've just gotten finished calculating nearly $76 in international charges, in addition to the amounts I knew I was spending.  I was never told that I was paying an additional $2.00 charge, either by the merchant or by Paypal.  So I have bank charges in that amount that could have cost me a tremendous amount more money in overdraft fees.  I think it's only fair that any additional charges be  advertised by both the Merchant and Paypal, and Paypal should not make any charges til the merchants comply.

Login to Me Too

DexSinister
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal really can't avoid charging a percentage on the total of a CC sale, as Visa, M/C, AmEx, and Discover charge them a slightly smaller percentage ~1.85% on the total amount of credit card transactions. Paypal has to pay that "interchange fee" percentage out of the percentage that Paypal charges.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.