IPN Warning?

whitpet
Contributor
Contributor

I have received what appears to be a legit email from PayPal, indicating that "IPNs sent to the following URL(s) are failing..."

Our website uses Website Payments Standard with "Add to Cart" buttons on our website, along with a little snippet of code for adding a quantity window. URL is http://www.madisonmarcela.com/products.htm 

To the best of my knowledge, I am not using IPN in any manner. If I am, I understand IPN even less than I thought. I cannot find anything in my account indicating IPN is active.

How do I determine whether (1) my shopping cart is using and requires IPN and (2) if not, how to I disable IPN? Thanks very much for your help.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

skier
Advisor
Advisor

As you don't need IPN, there's no reason to have it enabled.  That should stop the messages.

Regards,

skier

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

skier
Advisor
Advisor

In your Account Profile, under Selling Preferences, click on Instant Payment Notification.   You should see if you have it enabled or not.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

whitpet
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, skier. IPN is enabled, although i don't have a clue why. I do not have any IPN scripts running as part of my website, and I do not know what an IPN listener is supposed to be. It's my understanding that with PayPal's Website Payments Standard, orders from the PayPal shopping cart generate emails, per my profile settings. Is there any reason it is essential for me to keep IPN activated? I know these are probably basic questions, but PayPal is a very minor part of our business, and the deeper I dig into PayPal's Help files, the more confused I get. Thanks very much for your help.

Login to Me Too
Solved

skier
Advisor
Advisor

As you don't need IPN, there's no reason to have it enabled.  That should stop the messages.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

whitpet
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, skier. I appreciate all your help.

Login to Me Too

Enelbie
Contributor
Contributor

I keep getting that IPN warning.  I have turned off the IPN.   I'll just go into Paypal and see if someone has paid.  I don't want them to send me an instant payment notice.   Please....how do I get them to quit sending me the warning!!??

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.