How do you get a refund for a voided USPS shipping label?

Cindy
New Community Member

Twenty-two days ago I tried to print a $22.08 shipping label to Canada.  My printer would not print it, so I voided it.

I immediatly printed another one which worked.  I was charges the 22.08 twice.  How do I get the money back for the voided one?    Cindy

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

anotherlook2
Contributor
Contributor

I also printed tried printing shipping on paypal Oct 28 2009, for $12.24 and made a mistake on first try and was billed double for one package when label printed second time.

I receive a note that it would take up to 15 days for refund. Instead, within a week I received a notice that USPS denied my refund.

Buyer or seller protection does not seem to be a concern of ebay or paypal as long as they can make more money off of people with a lot of redtape so people give up. Time is worth money too, bickering with ebay and paypal.

Don't ever expect satisfaction when dealing with either parties. None take responsibilty for how their site is run. Fact is, I know more ex-ebay and paypal users in my town than who use it. ebay and paypal have a bag of tricks to avoid parting with a red cent.

Paypal changed the shipping label print format from how it used to be. When you cancel, you have to click reprint, not print another label.

My account information clearly shows one postage shipped and the other not. It doesnt take a genius to realize they ripped you off and none of the 3 parties, USPS, ebay or paypal will ever refund a red cent after they've taken it. Never seen it happen in past disputes.

In Jan 2007 I quit selling on ebay because I paid my fees with paypal. Ebay double charged my fees, went into my bank account causing 2 overdrafts. I spoke in person to paypal rep, probably in India and they contacted ebay.

Nothing was resolved and a $40+ fee cost me over $150 from paypal, ebay and my bank who said it was my fault for giving ebay my bank information (required on ebay and paypal to be a seller), so if we as sellers don't give them bank info we have no forum. Ebay even fined me an additional $10??? Who'd figure?

So don't expect paypal or ebay to ever do anything on your behalf. It will never happen and Ive heard plenty of horror stories. The worst that can happen to you is all the time holding your breath waiting for action. it isn't going to happen.

Just be careful everytime you use one of thee services because there are no refunds. It's a lie.

Even if youknow that hey will treat you like this, overall the communication is better than Craigs List, that is free, but is targeted at you with scammers.

Take a break from selling if you need to steam about the issue. I am. Thats fees ebay and paypal won't get if they had been fair and square in the first place. Being dishonest in business costs business from people who get burned.

Login to Me Too

rowdy_rowdens
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to print a shipping label to Canada once and my printer wouldn't print it, either.  I didn't print another, I just took it to the post office.  But I did void the original label and was told my case would be reviewed and if approved, I'd get a refund in 15 business days.  I got approved right away and got my refund somewhere between 10 and 15 days later.  Have you tried voiding the first label? 

Login to Me Too

rowdy_rowdens
Contributor
Contributor

Wait, I just re-read your message and saw that you did void it.  There should have been a place when you voided it to request a refund.  Can you go back in and see any transaction details for the voided label?

Login to Me Too

anotherlook2
Contributor
Contributor

I checked my paypal account and clicked on both transactions. The one denied refund was one I shipped following day.

The one not shipped said refund pending for transaction status. I shipped on 28th of Oct so that was only 7 days ago. So if refund is 10-15 days then there is hope but I'm not holding my breath.

My beef is with paypal who should of paid back my account immediately and waited for USPS refund. It's not like paypal can't cover its premier business account a little better for an error.

The package I sold  received $49.99,  the shipping labels both cost $24.48 with free shipping. That left $25.51 for the transaction that I also had to pay from that ebay and paypal fees.

I have been selling antiques on ebay for years and it is near impossible with winning bids 2:12 transactions. 2 sales out of 12. People want modern stuff these days and I will have to liquidate locally just to save for all the fees for dead auctions.

It seems there is unecessary red tape at ebay and paypal. They want the buyers to be happy but expect us to offer free shipping at a cheap item cost that wont pay free shipping. They don't care as long as you pay their fees. I say all listings should be free because it would encourage higher priced items with ebay and paypal only collecting final value fees for items sold

Maybe then they would go to work driving more people to the listings. Cut off the non-member browsers forcing them to sign up. Maybe more impulse buying would occur for us?

I remember when ebay was a rave. Every collector from A-Z used it. Auctions got 5-18 bids. It was awesome until some jerk CEO implemented the cheap side of ebay, all the while charging sellers fees. Why does everything have to be cheap except the worlds largest french fry some guy got a ridiculous price for?...and sold T-shirts too about it.

I will post when refund comes or is denied for pending refund.

Otherwise, I cant afford to list on ebay and pay them and paypal fees including a high percentage on final value, when most of my auctions rarely get 3 page views.

EBAY FACT: At any given time, the people on ebay world wide, 2 out of a hundred are even registered to buy. So if your counter even said 100 visitors, only 2 people are signed up to buy or sell. Pathetic! Who are those other 98 people? Dealers and collectors checking listings for values and people buying from outside sources so they can say to the seller, "I could buy that cheaper on ebay for blah, blah, blah price." At our expense and time for listings.

Thanks for the responses.

Login to Me Too

moneybags
New Community Member

I just wanted to say that I think paypal is really on the side of the buyer more than the seller,

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.