How do I keep Paypal from using my Paypal balance for funding?

albertfugere
Contributor
Contributor

When I am  paying for an item purchased through paypal, it wants to use my paypal balance as a primary funding source even though I want to pay with a credit card for obvious reasons. Can I change this annoying fixation or am I relegated to keeping a ZERO balance in my Paypal account as the only recourse? If so, why won't Paypal let me leave my balance alone or manage it the way I want to? HELP!!!! ANYONE.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

scorehog

Send balance to email account not associated with any paypal account. Go Back and make credit card payment and then cancel email account payment made by balance that sent invite to join paypal.

Good Luck

scrhg/randy

Login to Me Too

albertfugere
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not sure I understand the logic of the solution.  I simply want to be the one who decides what funds are used to pay for what items. I want control over any funds in my paypal account regardless of their original source. I certainly do not want to deposit any funds in my paypal account if I do not have this control and will immediately remove any funds that come into the account from whatever source. So, does anybody have a solution that does not involve using big sticks?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Your PayPal Account Balance must always be less than what you plan to purchase.   PayPal will always look at your Account Balance first, you cannot change this behavior.   If the Account Balance is less than the purchase price, PayPal will then go to your primary backup funding source.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

albertfugere
Contributor
Contributor

Not so! I was prchasing an item worth over $50 and only had a balance of about $3. Paypal emptied the balance of my account and charged the rest to my credit card. I wanted the total amount charged to the credit card and my paypal account left alone. I certainly could not find a way to accomplish what seemed to me to be a simple feat. I wasn't trying to leap tall buldings in a single bound. Anyone, I still need HELP!

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Interesting as you're the man with the facts.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

albertfugere
Contributor
Contributor

I'm just perplexed by the whole situation. I can't believe that everyone just puts up with it.

Login to Me Too

Gimgak
Contributor
Contributor

The only solution I got for this was just to remove my card  from my account and then use paypal without logging in. It's frustrating but Paypal makes it so there isn't any other way.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.