Hold on payments after delivery is confirmed?

nwGamers
New Community Member

I want to know you're experiences with this hold policy. I have sold multiple items on eBay and I always get a tracking number when I ship an item. I have confirmation that the items have been delivered but I still have holds on the money. I have also added the tracking numbers to paypal and to eBay. I have not however received any feedback yet. It has only been a few days since the items have been delivered but I want to know if I'm going to have to wait the full 20 day hold or if anyone has experience with this and can tell me how long it takes. Thanks

Login to Me Too
363 REPLIES 363

tuggie
Contributor
Contributor

Good news!

I was **bleep** off when I got an email from paypal after selling an EXPENSIVE ring on ebay, informing me of their "hold policy."    This was around X-mas, so I was devastasted about not getting the money immediately after the auction.   Not to mention the aniexty of worrying about if the buyer was gonna pull something fishy.   I called paypal and they told me the funds would be released sooner if the buyer left positive feedback.   That still didn't make me feel any better.

Immediately after my buyers left feedback, the funds were released, without me having to contact Paypal.  The companies must be connected in some way, maybe Ebay owes Paypal (I heard) because I got an e-mail from Paypal, only seconds after the buyers left their feedback. 

I don't agree with this hold policy at all.   It's certainly making me more picky of buyers.  I put on my expensive listings, don't bid if you have less than 5 feedbacks.  If it's a cheap item, I'm a little more lenient.  I for one think paypal should at least release the shipping amount upfront that way sellers won't have all this out-of-pocket expense.  Alot of people sell on ebay for extra cash, however many cash poor sellers can't afford to ship without upfront cash!

Login to Me Too

bigdave
Contributor
Contributor

if you get no feedback you will be waiting 21 days

Login to Me Too

shakuba
Contributor
Contributor

I received positive feedback and am still waiting for my money 3 days later.

Login to Me Too

HaHaHa

I have been a seller on ebay for a long time. I have a 100% Rating. Evidently that means nothing. I'll take the hit on the items I have listed now and ship them knowing I'm at the mercy of some idiot with no history or rating making up some crap. Why would a crook not make some false claim? If you've sold him some item for less than 20 bucks would it be worth your time to try to even fight it. I feel like I perform a service to the collector when I sell someone a hundred year old piece of history. Or that unusual item that fills out his collection. If they want that item now, come see me at the trade shows and flea market where I can put MY MONEY in MY pocket and not some @#$% at PayPal. Paypal should be ashamed! Thieves!

Login to Me Too

PLaTiNNuM
Contributor
Contributor

paypal is holding my funds and i need to print a shipping label to ship my item its been 3 days now i want my money and the guy wants his item.....this is dumb can anyone helppp!!?

Login to Me Too

madseller
Contributor
Contributor

At least show that the funds are sit'n there on hold........NOT NOTH"N!!!!!

It's like yer money is out in the O-ZONE!!!!

Going to cancel all my list'ns till this either changes or I can accept other payment methods.......BYE-BYE

OVER 200 feedback,..........100% positive seller............GONE FER NOW!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

madseller
Contributor
Contributor

Here's a post on our NATIONAL race'n web site http://hydroracer.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18136

Login to Me Too

c0rdog
Contributor
Contributor

I'll be closing my account as well. I have an item that's been delivered for 13 days, they have the tracking, and still won't give me my money.  How can they say they will release funds after shipping is confirmed, but 2 weeks later nothing. All these policy's are set up to **bleep** over the seller in the buyers favor.  They should take a long hard look at where they make their money, and start treating the buyers better or they will put themselves and eBay out of business.

Login to Me Too

motionb

Yea I to had left Ebay and started selling on craigslist, and thought aw what the heck I'll give em a try again, and sold two items and then found out about the hold, this has absolutely NOTHING to do with protecting anyone, these idiotic talking heads in here who are giving their "trained corporate reponses" are feeding you lines of Bull!!

This is a last ditch effort to stabilize a drowning company by taking YOUR money and holding it for as long as they can get by with. I will never use paypal again, I will never use ebay again, and a word to all, when you buy something on ebay, pay for it, and never leave feedback, that will in turn slowly **bleep** off EVERYONE and either they'll reverse the decision or close the dam doors. People who continue to use paypal and ebay you are playing right into their hands, **bleep** them, craigs list is free. I have had my ebay account for 12 (yes TWELVE) years, and have 52 feedbacks all at %100 and still have my money held, so they can kiss my a$$

Login to Me Too

sm1715
Contributor
Contributor

I got a hold placed on one of my sales. I have PERFECT feedback and ratings. I ALWAYS ship within a day. I have NEVER had a complaint. This hold was on a new buyer on eBay (ZERO stars) who tried to lie and cheat me regarding an emailed access code. I have sent nearly a dozen of these codes via email, with no problems. But all of a sudden the one person that tried to rip me off, her funds are placed on hold!?!?!?!?!? Can anyone tell me what a buyer can do to have this happen to a seller? Was it a complaint that I don't know about? Sorry, but that's just too much to be a coincidence. I AM P.O.ed about this!!!!! I am an honest seller that responds quickly, ships quickly and bends over backwards to make buyers happy. But a LOW LIFE with NO history on eBay or Paypal who tried to ROB me but didn't succeed (well, maybe she will if paypal won't give me my money) gets my money put on hold!!?? W.T.F.!!!!!!!

I am so freakin **bleep** about this. Do everything right, get punished. Be a loser and a cheat, you'll win. IS THIS WHAT YOU'RE TRYING TO TEACH PEOPLE, PAY-PAL? Should call you pay-enemy. This is wrong and you know it. But you get away with it because you have the monopoly on this kind of paying, don't you. WHATEVER. I mailed, with D/C, an envelope to this witch so you'd get your required confirmation. Frankly, it's none of your dam business! "We need to make sure your buyers are satisfied" PUUUULllease. What B.S. You don't know anything about me or my transactions. You're already raping people with your fees. LEAVE US HONEST PEOPLE ALONE AND START GOING AFTER THE CROOKS - the now-protected-more-than-ever-and-WAY-too-much buyers who set up new accounts just to rip people off!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.