HOW DO I REPLY TO CLAIMS STATUS: WAITING FOR BUYER'S RESPONSE

nursing101
Contributor
Contributor

Hi!  I recently escalated a dispute into a claim just this morning after not receiving a purchased item thru ebay for more than a month now.  The Resolution Center - Claim Details tells me that the seller has provided Proof of Shipping.  And the status of my claim is: Waiting for Buyer's Response.  It also stated " Please review this information and determine whether you would like us to continue processing your claim. You may cancel this claim by clicking "Cancel Claim" below. If we do not hear from you, we will resume our investigation in 2 days."   I would like to let Paypal know that I am continuing with the claim, but there's no option or button for me to do so.  SHOULD I WAIT FOR 2 DAYS AND LET THEM START WITH THE INVESTIGATION? I don't want them to have the impression that I am not cooperating with the whole process.  PLEAS HELP.  Thank you

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Well, the shipper is claiming that the item is delivered, so you have to answer somehow or Paypal will close the complaint.

Open up the dispute by going to your reolution center.

Then check what the seller has entered.  Take the number that he's provided and enter it into the website of the company that he claims to have used for shipping - if it's a USPS or a UPS shipment, you can enter the number into Google search and press "search" - it'll work as a tracking service, but ONLY for those 2 companies.

Double-check that the information DOES say that the item was delivered.  If it doesn't, then tell Paypal IN THE DISPUTE that the tracking info oes not show the item delivered.  Check the address it was delivered to - if it's not yours, then tell Paypal that it's not your address.

If the information DOES show delivered to your address, then your parcel may have been stolen - call your local Post Office about that.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

One other thing - if you're living with other nurses, check to see if one of them picked up the package and forgot to tell you that it's there - it's been known to happen.

Login to Me Too

nursing101
Contributor
Contributor

I have already stated to paypal that the tracking number only had ACCEPTANCE status on USPS.com (that the seller's post office has received the package).  It didn't have updates if the item has left  the US, or has reached the Philippines.  The shipping address is my home address.  I am usually at home, so there's no way that I wouldn't know if something arrives.  NO proof of delivery (as far as I know) was presented by the seller, only proof of shipping.

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

Hi nursing101,

You don't need to do anything more. If you don't close the claim within the next 2 days, PayPal will review all the information and make a decision.

Sandy

Login to Me Too

nursing101
Contributor
Contributor

thank you!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.