Goodbuy Paypal do to payment holds

lucky13inc
New Community Member

Well it's sad paypal has did it,  i've had my beefs before do mostly to No Seller protection,  as it is almost anyone can file a dispute and get there money **bleep**ing over the seller who in turn has to prove there casie while a buyer walks away free but paypal his did it with me,  Now they can hold my money until a buyer is happy?  So if i sell a $100 item  + shipping and it all goes into paypali not only have to ship it and put up the cost of shipping out of my pocket while but they can hold the money for 30 days?  i'm not rich person i can 't sit and front shipping costs for a month while waiting on it to be relised, the reason i used paypal was to get the money faster, soon as it cleared i could turn around and use my paypal card to ship the item.  I know buyers need a level of protection i've been on the other side before and had to ask form my money back but were does it end.  Just last summer someone bought a used item for me listed as is no returns the buyer had it for 23 days broke it and decided he wanted his money back,  i couldn't prove it had shipped so guess what they gave it to him.  And yet we are charged the Fee for getting our money,  if your going to let the buyer walk under a shield of we can do what we want then lets start making them pay a fee for sending money!! time for a little fair trade off,  how about if a buyer gets an item they must show just cause for a refund such as proof the item was broken or not as described,   Looks like it's good bye paypal for me and back to snail mail and money orders,  i'm not going to sell an item i know i can't be paid for for a good 30 days. 

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

alwaystheseller
New Community Member

As always the case both with ebay and paypal. We as sellers have no rights at all. At least none that do any harm to buyers. If you do everything right and the buyer complains even if for no reason paypal and ebay agrees with them. I have decided it isnt worth my time to complain I just do what ever I can to fix it myself. It is their company and their rules. Everyone just needs a different paypal and ebay. Until we have to leave with what we have. I think I am going to go back to the snail way too. If everyone did that maybe paypal would listen.

Login to Me Too

StonePilot
Contributor
Contributor

I have started using only craigslist now and while I only average about 85% of the sales price, I get cash in hand that day and have no shipping costs.  I had NO idea there would be a hold on my money ($1250) or I would have gladly taken $1050 cash in town with no shipping hassels.

I can say that I think I've done my last eBay and PayPal deal for good now.

Login to Me Too

kathymack
New Community Member

I was just charged 3.2% for receiving money. .. . . when did these charges start and what will you use to transfer money now?  Thanks, Kathleen

Login to Me Too

FEC
Contributor
Contributor

I to had the payment put on hold what did you do I do not want to ship until payment clears.

Login to Me Too

debradoodles
Contributor
Contributor

I really don't understand PayPal holding my funds in a dispute. This is all new to me. I have never had a dispute. Well, in the end, I'd rather have paid the buyer now and been done. But PayPal does not give me that option. I'm sure to get a dirty review. I HAD a 100%. Well that's gone. How do you guys slug it out? I'm new as a seller (a few months). My husband isn't new and he said "pick your battles" BUT "stand your ground" if you feel you're right. Oh well, just want to vent.

Login to Me Too

temp201807292n
Contributor
Contributor

Its really funny that the last 29 pages of a post just like this one is no longer here.  I am done with ebay and paypal.  **bleep** that.  What they are doing is illegal and its backwards.  Contact your local BBB and report a complaint,  Also Contact the FTC and file a complaint.  I did and there is srength in Numbers.   Good luck trying to contact ebay also.  That is almost impossiable.  I canceled my Credit cards on file and got new ones.  I have no way of contacting ebay to tell them I am holding there funds untill mine are released and the buyer is happy. It can take up to 21 days.  Its also funny you cant get anyone from ebay to talk to you, but  dont pay your fees,  They will shurly come calling.  I m done.  The best advice I have to give is in your listing state,  Because of the new ebay/pay policy.  (because pay pal blaims ebay and ebay blames paypal eventhough they are owned together)  If a payment hold is placed, You will not ship item for 21 days untill the funds are clear.  When u go to Sears and buy a tool,  you pay for it and leave with it right??????  You dont take it out,  Use it and then pay. or  better yet, wright a dispute after u trashed it and return it.   Its also funny that they clain it protecting the buyer and the seller better now by reducing the amount of chargebacks blah blah blah.  The fact that they are collecting thousands on top of thousands of dollars a day on compounding intrest off of your money has nothing to do with it.  Its to protect us.  U have no problem with a company making money.  Just dont break me to do it 

Login to Me Too

BigKahuna97
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

The only thing I can say is I am rather enjoying craigslist.  If not for the hold policies I would never have tried it but it is nice to have cash in hand with no fears of a dispute.  I really like the old school bartering too so I would suggest more people give craigslist a shot.

Login to Me Too

FEC
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal makes me fell that I am a child and they are like my parents telling me how to spend my money. I do not need this control in my life, as an adult I have learned how to deal with my finances in a proper way or suffer the consaquences. I am a big boy and no longer will I use Paypal as a form of payment for my sales. Paypal will be used only as a secured debit card. Craigslist is great I have made more profit using them in the last month than I ever have with ebay and paypal..

Login to Me Too

FEC
Contributor
Contributor

How much interest do you think Paypal makes of all the funds that are on hold?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.