GIFT AID

sameast
New Community Member

HI I have set-up a website for a charity http://gponeclick.users32.interdns.co.uk/ it allows for people to donate monthly i

have set all this up through pay pal web standards and do not have a problem. The problem that i am having is i need to

pass through gift aid somehow so that the people processing the donations can then claim this back. I am passing all

the details through through the url, i am passing through the gift aid information ie "whether the checkbox has been clicked or not" &first_name=$firstname&last_name=$lastname&address1=$companyadd1&address2=$companyadd2&city=$town&zip=$postcode&custom=$telephone&os0=$giftaid"); How do i get that gift aid value from pay pal? Has anyone done this or can help me??? Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Just some thoughts.

Ensure that you have enabled Auto Return in your Account Profile.

"Auto Return" immediately brings your buyers back to your specified URL upon payment completion. This feature replaces the standard PayPal hosted "Payment Done" page with a page hosted on your website.

To set up Auto Return, you need to turn it on in your Account Profile and enter the return URL that will be used to redirect your buyers back to your site.

Select "Edit Profile"
Under "Selling Preferences"
Select "Website Payment Preferences"
Note first option - Select "On" - Auto Return for Website Payments
Enter the Return URL.
Click "Save."

The Return URL specified in your PayPal Account is good for all transactions however, you can override this by using the "return" variable in your individual item button code and direct the buyer to a different URL. The example line below is for "clear text" item button code:

<input type="hidden" name="return" value="http://www.yourwebsite.com/successful.html">

How Auto Return Works:
* If the buyer pays with a PayPal account, they are automatically taken back to the site.

* If the buyer pays with the Credit Card Option, they are taken to the receipt page where PayPal gives them the chance to print out a receipt. This is a legal requirement. After that, the buyer must click on the "Return to Merchant" link in order to return to the site.

Notes: The Credit Card Option or PayPal Account Optional is turned on by default for new PayPal Premiere and Business accounts. With PayPal Account Optional turned off, people without PayPal accounts must sign up for a PayPal account. They can pay by credit card, but they must agree to sign up for a PayPal account before completing their transactions and making their payments. Only Premiere or Business accounts have PayPal Account Optional in their account profiles. With Personal accounts, the checkout experience is as if PayPal Account Optional were turned off.

* If your plan is to have data returned the URL specified in the value, then you would need to include the "rm" variable.
For example:

<input type="hidden" name="rm" value="2">

Means - The payer’s browser is redirected to the return URL by the POST method, and all transaction variables are also posted.

The "rm" variable takes effect only if the "return" variable is also set.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.