Supporting Sellers that Sell Stolen Merchandise

muttonhead
Contributor
Contributor
Just got my notice from PayPal that the e-gift cards I bought on eBay which turned out to be stolen cards that were cancelled years ago was decided in favor of the Seller. I provided all evidence including third party investigative results that proved the cards they sold to me were fraudulent YET Paypal will do Nothing. Not even a slap on the wrist to the thieves who by the way didn’t even provide any excuse or evidence in the process. Thanks PayPal I thought if anything you would not tolerate Sellers who engage in criminal behavior. Is there another avenue to follow within PayPal? I followed the posted process in the community about complaining to PayPal about Payoal but that yielded a typical non-human answer. I’m probably really out the money but can I save others from this unscrupulous Seller who now has a green-light to defraud others courtesy of PayPal ?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@muttonhead

Good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@muttonhead

Did you receive the cards in the post OR did you get the code by email?

Only if it was the latter then you only have buyer protection for 'digital / virtual' goods for non receipt and not for 'not as described'.

BUT if you funded that paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

muttonhead
Contributor
Contributor
I appreciate your help. The codes were emailed to me after purchase on eBay. I filed a ‘not as described’ claim with Payoal. I hadn’t thought about checking with the cc-company. Thank you for the guidance.
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@muttonhead

Good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.