Full payment

Judy29
Contributor
Contributor

Ok so I recently sold two $5 items and told the client to pay me through paypal. Why is it that on both occassions I was only able to collect $4.55 instead of the full $5? Is paypal charging fees now to have an account??

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

BigKahuna97
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

It depends on if you have a premier or business account then yes that sounds about right.  If you have a personal account and accepted payments from a credit card then the amount would seem right too.

Login to Me Too

Judy29
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks BigKahuna97,

I have a personal account but I had no idea that  paypal would charge me extra if the buyer sent money using a credit card...but now I know. Thanks 😃 Is there any way for them to not charge fees? Lets just say if the buyer and the seller both have a paypal account  would there still be an extra charge/fee?

Login to Me Too

BigKahuna97
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

With a personal account you are allowed 5 payments a year with a credit card before you have to upgrade to a premier or business account to accept more credit card payments.  If the buyer had sent you a payment with the balance they currently had in their PayPal account you would not have incurred any fees.  Sadly we as sellers can not control how buyers pay.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.