Forum Feedback

FrustratedUser
Contributor
Contributor

I am a "newbie" to this forum.  However, I'm not at all unfamiliar with "data processing", the technology, the components, the purpose, the goals and the knowledge that's required for successful results.  No matter what you can say about the web and computers, it is nothing more than the processing of huge amounts of data at lightening speed.  We've well surpassed the days of the "punch cards".  Does anyone remember or does anyone even know what I'm talking about?  Do you still use an oven or have you traded it in on a microwave?  What about the whole idea that the web is great.  Tell that to a fly.  It can be death trap.  Technology is wonderful thing - the Grand Canyon is just a little crack in the earth's crust.  Get the picture?

I've encountered numerous unbelievable, poorly developed, websites that cause much frustration not only for me but for thousands of other users of the net.  Case in point - this site and the PayPal site!!!  They're not bad, but who can say that each is well developed?  Can you truthfully say that they are?  If you could change, modify or complete overhaul those sites what would you do?  Could you make them more user friendly - KISS?  Who would you talk to?  Have you ever tried to interact with the "powers-to-be" of any commercial, or personal, website?  Were you successful?  The odds are not in our favor.  Most developer take a "deaf ear" to any criticism, complaints or suggestions even though they claim to want "feedback" regarding their site.  Maybe you don't even care.  Well, you should.  Someday your life, and the lives of others,  may depend on it.  That's a fact!

It normally takes many months, or even years, to get a patent for a product, a great deal of scrutiny, research and proof that it is worthy of such.  Wouldn't you agree that a site should have at least some sort of approval before it can be published to the public?  I'm not talking about censorship.  I am talking about more than just adequate function.  I'm also talking about making "certain" about the protection of the public from fraud, scams and internet theft.  What about the lack of control that allows unscrupulous characters to present themselves, not only on sites but also in e-mails, as being who they say they are.  There needs to be, at least, some regulation as to the validity of the individuals who publish sites or send e-mails.

I've even received e-mails from the FBI only to be lead to a "capture page" for some bogus junk.  Try searching a valid site, copy the logo, paste it on a document and you can purport to be a valid representative as well.  Of course it's illegal, but who is monitoring it.  Even sites that claim to have info regarding whether a site is a scam or a fraud are published by those who are running the hype.  They are costing the public millions (maybe billions) of dollars.  No wonder the economy is as it is.  I was born well after the depression but it sure looks like we're in another one, even though the "upper crust" only calls it a "recession".  Tell that to the millions who are out of work.

Any thoughts?  Don't just tell me that I'm a "nay sayer" or a "trouble maker" or anything of that nature.  I sincerely would like to hear your opinion(s), "pro or con", regarding the "subjects" that I have mentioned.

Anyway - "HAPPY NEW YEAR" - I wish you and yours the very best in 2010.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

arfwoof
Contributor
Contributor

Obviously they are poorly developed.  They don't even work.  Have tried using the "contact us" links on paypal.com lately?  BROKEN.  And do they care to fix it?  Of course not.  Maybe they are losing so much business for their "brilliant" pending payment scheme that they can no longer afford to hire IT people.

Login to Me Too

yellowtennessee
New Community Member

I would agree, you cannot  get answer  with the "contact us" bull**bleep** and I am disgusted with this whole site. I am spreading the word about this site and telling people that it is not worth it!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.