Ebay, Paypal and bank acct

annieokie
Contributor
Contributor

I signed up with PayPal  in 2004 only for the purchases I wish to make on ebay. Now they want my banking account number or for me to get a PayPal card. Nope. I have only one credit card and plan to keep it that way. My bank account is no one's business but mine.  Debit cards are the most dangerous way of banking in today's thieving world. I refuse to have one.

Am I now  to be restricted from purchasing on  ebay?

So be it.

I pay instantly and have excellent reviews as a buyer.

Can you tell I am very angry at Ebay and PayPal for changing the rules in midstream?

I refuse to change. Now what?

annieokie

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

bsbs509

I haven't  shopped on ebay in a long time and I totally agree with you.  They want my first born!? I got Bank gift Visa cards to purchase an item and talk about crap.  Have to verify and register and still won't work, bank won't give money back???  Meanwhile seller is being patient but I owe $800 and want my item but he only takes paypal!  Get over this big brother security thing.

Login to Me Too

annieokie
Contributor
Contributor

Personally, in your shoes, I'd head straight for my attorney. It's ridiculous that with the hacking and cracking of internet banking sites that they think I will furnish any more than I have for the past years. I pay instantly via PayPal and that should be plenty good enough, otherwise, why does Ebay suggest PayPal. I have never borrowed money via PayPal. If I should ever wish to, then they can have all the information they like.

Annieokie

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Most branded Bank debit cards have the same protection as credit cards.  My BofA debit card has chargeback rights.  I charged bake twice, once in 2005 and in 2008.  Both were not Ebay/paypal related.

The checking acount info is the same info that is on every check to send.  Paypal has had my bank account from the beginning with not one problem.

Paypal has never been hacked.  The account holder either responded to a spooh e-mail, and /or without their knoledge downloaded a key logger on to their computer.

Login to Me Too

annieokie
Contributor
Contributor

Whatever your experience has been, I still  will not give my bank account number to anyone. It's mine.We have a locked account that only one employee at the bank has access to and he's the bank president. PayPal certainly isn't going to be allowed into the account. We have have a reason for locking our account which I will not mention here.

Dump me if you wish.

Ann Stokes

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.