Donate button doesn't work, which seems to be a common problem

canary1
Contributor
Contributor

First, it's almost impossible to find any answers ON Paypal ABOUT Paypal. What???? Where are the buttons located? Who knows????

My button which worked 6 months ago is now broken. It was a rectangle. Now they only seem to be small ones. THANK YOU FOR NOT TELLING ANYONE.

Here is the button I just put up: http://opedcartoons.com/help/ It takes me to Paypal, tells me to sign in, and there is no info on how to donate anywhere. I used to be able to put a message, and a thank you in there.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

canary1
Contributor
Contributor

Looks like over 100 people read this, but no one could help.

Who do I call at Paypal? Out of their 100 plus phones? Anyone who returns calls would be a good start.

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

We help real people who really need help, we don't help WHINERS.

Go back and delete your original code, then recreate it.  Next copy the code to Note Pad and and save it as a text file.  Next, change the extension from .txt to .html.  Then test that file with your web browser.   If it works, the issue is with your HTML Editor and not PayPal.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

canary1
Contributor
Contributor

So you took a few days off to think of a good name to call me?

How about developing software that WORKS, instead of crapping out weeks or months ago with no notice to the consumer? Isn't Paypal big enough now that they can afford to hire professional developers who know how to code?

This worked. However it would have been professional for you to TELL users to put it in NotePad, first, instead of leaping to attack someone else for having the wrong editor. But after your attitude and condescending bs, no one could call you professional. could they. Regards to you, too.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.