Class action suit for 21 day hold

ocpoolman2000
Contributor
Contributor

Tired of the 21 day hold?  Join  letssuepaypal.com in a class action suit.  There is power in numbers!  Join now!

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

shar4shar

how do we join your cause..  this 21 day hold is awful, i will certainly quite e-bay if 1984 is alive and well like this..

pls let me know.

Login to Me Too

ocpoolman2000
Contributor
Contributor

The link is: http://www.letssuepaypal.com

Login to Me Too

susang_2008

add me how do you get there?

Login to Me Too

lbb5757
Contributor
Contributor

Smiley Surprised>im new & have read nothing about this 21 day hold. But i vote yes! the fact of my whopping $18.75 took 5 business days, plus it was not returned to my bank acct. like i thot it was going to be. That's the last time i'm goina wake up, to find that my haND had TOOK A REST UPON my mouse. . JUST .As i feel asleep; during one of my middle of the night excursion thru  a penny auction... I can tell you :}  Did i miss where paypal explains this 21 day old? Or, is paypal guilty of deliberately misrepresenting their site? I have been setting this acct up for months; in order for me to learn if such trickery exists here. DuH, i surely missed it. Thanx ocpoolman2000 for the heads up. (that's coOL)

Login to Me Too

CLASSACTIONSUIT
New Community Member

I will be a part of a class action suit against paypal...  They removed money from my account, after telling them that I would refund the full amount to the buyer, AFTER HE RETURNS MY VALUABLE COINS!  It didn't matter what I said,,, they just went ahead and did it and now 2 weeks later... I am out $114.50 from Halverton Family Farm in Tyner, KY and they just keep putting off  sending my coins..trying to get me to give them another $25 since they were not satisfied with 2 of my coins!!!.. Pics were displayed... description displayed... Paypal refunded their money after first removing it from my account... What really cracks me up is the fact that I sent the coins out SO FAST... FREE OF CHARGE, PRIORITY MAIL WITH DELIVERY CONFIRMATION!!!  Now Marlin Halverton of the Halverton Farm in Kentucky wants to keep 10 of my coins and return the two he doesn't want.. He even went as far as to send me a picture of the 2 coins and the one does not look like the one I sent him....

Also, a friend of mine checked online at a site where they tell you if money is owed to you... and lo and behold, it said that Paypal owed me money... BUT in order to get the money, I would have to fill out a form and include my SS# which I'm not going to do!!!  Why did they withhold my money from Lord knows when?  I have written this to them and they do not respond and will not call and I continually ask for someone to call me.. I consider Paypal a BANK, but they don't and I think what they are doing is illegal!! 

AT least I did not rush and give him positive feedback, although after causing me all of these problems, he actually gave me positive feedback.. check "jeepocreepo"... It's because he still wants to keep 10 of my coins... Now he has all of my coins AND A FULL REFUND FROM PAYPAL... I am getting out of Paypal and will help anyone with a class action suit..... my name on this forum is "CLASSACTIONSUIT"... so I better get of of paypal BANK REAL SOON!!!

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

You're wasting your time, boys and girls.

You agreed to allow the 21 day hold when you signed up and signed the User Agreement.

And a hold on charged items is standard practice in the industry - Paypal isn't doing anything unusual.

Login to Me Too

femsol
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@surplusdealdude wrote:

You're wasting your time, boys and girls.

You agreed to allow the 21 day hold when you signed up and signed the User Agreement.

And a hold on charged items is standard practice in the industry - Paypal isn't doing anything unusual.

surplusdealdude,

I refer you and anyone else to my response to you on the forum HORRIBLE IDEA on page 105.  This is not a waste of time, you may think it is a waste of your time which is fine, but if we want to "waste out time" in trying to get a class action together then why should that concern you to the point you feel it necessary to spread negativity.  Just because we signed up and agreed to the User Agreement does not mean it cannot be declared void if not in whole than in part. There are so many legal angles that this hold on funds can be contested it just takes enough people saying enough.  Furthermore how about providing me with a legal citation to support your contention of "standard practice in the industry"  It may be standard practice but the funds being held would be held in an interest bearing trust account.  eBay/Paypal is playing fast and loose with their disregard of our country's monetary policies let alone the other countries with each of their policies and regulations. Indian has stopped them for such failure to comply and I venture to guess the European Union will be next.

Besides there is precedence for this class action as Paypal held funds before, class action formed and eBay settled:

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/nothing/paypal.asp

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Just because we signed up and agreed to the User Agreement does not mean it cannot be declared void if not in whole than in part.

Well, tht's not the way it works, but you have raised a semi-valid point.

The Paypal EULA agreement is what's called a "contract of adhesion".  The way that the Courts treat these contracts is to interpret them strictly againt the profferer ( writer) of the document.

You're going to have to show that section 10.6 of the User agreement can be interpreted another way.

The section reads,

10.6 eBay Item Hold. PayPal, in its sole discretion, may place a hold on a payment you receive for an eBay transaction when PayPal believes there may be a high level of risk associated with the transaction. If PayPal places a hold on your payment, it will show as "pending" in your PayPal Account.

1. Release of eBay item hold. PayPal will release the eBay item hold after 21 days unless you receive a Dispute, Claim, Chargeback, or Reversal on the transaction subject to the hold. PayPal may release the hold earlier if the buyer leaves positive feedback on eBay.
  2. Additional hold period. If you receive a Dispute, Claim, Chargeback, or Reversal on the transaction subject to the eBay item hold, PayPal may hold the payment in your Account until the matter is resolved pursuant to this Agreement.

Looks pretty clear to me.

The Court is not there to punish ebay because you don't like the way they operate.  The Court is there to enforce the contract.  I spent 5 years arguing contract law in front of a Judge against a huge bank - this agreement will stand.

But, go ahead and make another lawyer rich if you want to - it's your money to waste.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

how about providing me with a legal citation to support your contention of "standard practice in the industry"

How about doing some of you own research for once?

Lack of research has got you into this problem in the first place ( you didn't read the EULA).

I'll provide the lead, just to be fair - look up "merchant banking hold on funds".  It's also called a 'security reserve'.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.