Can't withdraw money. Why?

redlizard
New Community Member

It's December first and I'd like to withdraw $500 from my personal account.    However, even through there is about $750 in the account, it's saying the amount I can withdraw is zero.  I requested a $500 check on Nov. 29th and they took that out immediately, but since it's a new month, I should be able to withdraw again.

Any idea why it's saying I can't withdraw anything?

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

superx_man
New Community Member

I have the exact same issue.

The way I see it, It's not called a 30 day withdraw limit.  It's called a monthly withdraw limit.

Why can't I get my money that has already been dipped into anyways?

Login to Me Too

Porcelain
Contributor
Contributor

I did a little searching on PayPal's Help Center. Here is what I discovered:

Unverified account holders are limited to withdrawing $500.00 USD per month from their PayPal account. The start of a month is determined by when the PayPal account was opened (for example, May 15 to June 15). 

You can check what day of the month you opened your account. 

Here's How:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click the My Account tab.
  3. On the Account Overview page, click the View Limits link.

Login to Me Too

provincetown
New Community Member

i have a $500.00 withdraw limit, a paypal accout since 2005 and 4 verified credit cards. i currently

have over $1000 in my account from sold ebay items. how can i get all the $$$ for the sold items,

is it true its a $500 limit per month ????

Login to Me Too

PB_Decree
Contributor
Contributor

they are doing the same thing to me. holding my money for no reason, i have feedback on ebay 100 positive, they have been holding for 2 weeks im starting to get mad

Login to Me Too

SWWDGA
New Community Member

I am also have the same trouble, except I did a withdraw in May '09 (of $500) and STILL can't do another withdraw and it's now December???

Login to Me Too

BDart
New Community Member

This is happening with me too and I am having a **bleep** of a time trying to get ahold of paypal to talk to someone.  My monthly limit should have started over sometime ago.

Login to Me Too

KAIBHAM

I've got the same problem. I have a montly limit. However, it's more than 30 days since the last withdrawl limit and I still see a allowed limit of zero.

Does anyone have an explanation of what's going on?

Login to Me Too

PennyP
New Community Member

Unfortunately the only way to get PayPal to release our $500 per month is to call and talk to a live person.  It's a hoop that PayPal hopes few of us will bother with, so that PayPal can hold our money longer.  The longer PayPal holds our money, the more interest PayPal earns on it, and the richer the company looks to investors.  To lift our monthly limit, PayPal tries to entice us to enter highly personal information, like social security number, additional bank accounts, and additional credit cards.  All that information helps PayPal take money from us.  I think that a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT is in order here, based on the large number of PayPal users who are unable to acces THEIR OWN FUNDS.  Can you imagine a bank refusing to give customers their money?  Even if you need to withdraw from a bank CD prior to its maturity date, banks allow the withdrawal, and simply charge a penalty.  PayPal has constructively stolen our money, unlawfully converted our money, is unjustly enriched by its practices, and is violating our consumer rights. 

Login to Me Too

topleft
Contributor
Contributor

This is a complete and utter bu%%sh&t policy.

On my one account, I regularly transfer $500 a month to my regular attached bank checking account. I do that 3-4x a month without any difficulty.

Seemingly, with the new account I've created (for the business I manage but don't own), I'm only allowed to access $500 per month? Is this just for check requests or what? It seems to me that Paypal's policies are as draconian and as arbitrary as eBay's--which is no surprise.

It's funny--my first Paypal account has no restrictions and all is rosy. My newest account, only a couple of months old, is treated like a 2nd class citizen with restrictions and limitations. Absolutely crazy! Apparently I can't have a 2nd debit card from PP because I have one already with my original personal account there. Another crazy thing!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.