Buyer changed shipping address after I shipped!

cheekyraspberry
Contributor
Contributor

I sold an item on ebay just over 2 weeks ago.  After a 9 days the buyer contacted me to say they hadn't received the item, to which I replied, then again three days later.  I have proof that the item was posted to the ebay shipping address, and decided to check their details on PayPal.  Their address on PayPal is different so I then rechecked their details on Ebay and discovered that their Ebay address has changed and now matches their PayPal one.  It is completely different to the address I shipped to (I have proof of this as I printed out the details when I was notified that I had sold an item)

The buyer wanted to have another item the same sent to her new address, for no charge, for which I refused.  She is now trying to claim the money back through PayPal. 

I am really cross as we sent the item in good faith to the address that Ebay provided, but now it has changed.  How do I deal with this, I am fuming as we have an umblemished record on Ebay so far.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

xxxspadesxxx
Contributor
Contributor

Well I don't know what to do but it is sounding like she's scamming you and changed her address on purpose after recieving your product that way she gets another or she gets her money back. But you can ask them to ceck their database on ebay and paypal to see if she change the adress after you shipped the item.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.