Address confirmation documents

Mykell
Contributor
Contributor

Does anyone know what "documents" they want for the alternate address confirmation process. I got the letter and entered the code - apparently that's still not enough. Now I am supposed to "fax in the additional verification documents necessary to confirm...". It doesn't tell me which docs. I search help and it told me the same thing. It's incredibly annoying that a financial institution doesn't have a phone number for help. 

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

Mykell
Contributor
Contributor

I've come to the conclusion many have. Paypal just doesn't give a sh1t! I've been waiting over a month after faxing docs, inputting confirmation numbers, etc. I've emailed once and called twice. They keep saying I've done everything right but there is a technical problem on their end and they'll submit my address approval manually and that they'll respond within 48 hours to let me know its done. They don't respond at all. They don't confirm the address. I don't understand. I've never had customer service this bad ANYWHERE. (and I used to own a Packard Bell!)

If there is another option (I've just been using my credit card but I don't like to online) I'd RUN to it. This Ebay/Paypal monopoly needs to be ended. No one who handles the consumers finances should have customer service and performance this BAD!

Login to Me Too

Larry01

1) Log in to your Papal account.

2) Then go to this link: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/helpscr?cmd=_help&t=escalateTab In the "Speak to us" section, click on "Call us"

3) A new page appears, it will have your info and a Web Pin number. Contact Us For faster customer service, please have the following information ready. * Primary business telephone number: 999-555-1234 * Secure Web PIN: 389201 (Valid for 60 minutes) * Primary email address: xxxxxxx (at) yahoo (dot) com To help protect your information, personal information is only discussed with the account holder.

4) Call the 888 number shown. It will ask for some information. The woman asked me for the web pin number. PayPal Customer Service: one-eight-eight-eight-two-two-one-one-one-six-one (a U.S. telephone number) 4:00 AM PST to 10:00 PM PST Monday through Friday 6:00 AM PST to 8:00 PM PST Saturday and Sunday

5) I explained I was tring to add my work address. She said I could use: - a pay stub or - a business card, - plas a valid ID (driver license, state issued ID card, military ID, passport, etc.). Yes, the ID wont have the same address as my work, but that is okay.

6) Fax the items to: (402) 537-5734 I hope this helps everyone.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.