Accepting Crt/Dbt cards face to face... is virtual term the answer

BikeWorks
New Community Member

I have a brick and mortar store and I would like to have an option to accept credit/debit cards face to face with the customer.  Does anybody out there accept credit cards/debit cards face to face with the customer with V. Terminal?  Can I accept debit cards the same way with V. Term.?

I rarely have a request to use a CC and have never had a customer walk away without some type of payment.  I don't want a terminal in the store.  I went through a nightmare with America One Merchant Services last summer and I don't think I will ever go that route again.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

skier
Advisor
Advisor

You can use Virtual Terminal to do what you have in mind.   Also check out USB Swiper and VT Swipe as enhancements.   Note, you will also need a computer and an internet connection.

On a personal note, you may want to look into a separate Merchant Account and a wireless or wired card processor. Over the years we have tried various methods for processing credit card transactions on site. We do a lot of shows and outdoor events. Most methods we tried were slow and/or cumbersome. Customers want and expect paying by credit card to be a simple solution and fast, they don't to wait. Our solution was a separate Merchant Account with our local bank and we use a wireless credit card machine. This system allows us instant transaction authorization on site. No more hoping that every card is valid when you go home to do your batch processing in the evening. It only takes one bad credit card to ruin your event.

Check out some of your local banks and see what they offer in the line of Merchant Accounts. Then compare the costs, service and support they offer. We do use PayPal for processing transactions on our web site however, for transactions in person, we use our separate Merchant Account and our wireless credit card machine. This system is easier to use than Virtual Terminal, costs slightly less per month and the support our bank provides is great.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.