holding my money even tho iv had feedback!!

Tillypops
Contributor
Contributor
Hello i sold a few items a few weeks ago now. And the buyers have left me positive feedback but paypal are still holding my money!!! Please tell me when i can get the money because it says the if the buyer gives u feedback ul recieve he payment in less than 21days..
Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Tillypops

Some info from ppal site:

Why are my payments for eBay sales pending and how can I prevent this?

Your payment is pending because you’re a relatively new or inexperienced seller on eBay. We want to be sure that your buyers are satisfied. By delaying a payment, we have time to verify that there are no problems with a transaction. We hope that this will make buyers feel safer and more likely to return to purchase again.

Typically, your payment will be released within 24 hours of your buyer leaving positive feedback, or when:
  • You email/ phone us with an online tracking number confirming that the item has been delivered over 3 days ago
  • 21 days pass without a dispute, claim, chargeback, or reversal being filed on the payment.

Once 90 days have passed since your first eBay sale you’ll receive payments instantly in most cases. In the meantime, here are some things you can do to help get your payments quicker:
  • Process your orders right away
  • Use a postal service that provides you with online tracking information for your package
  • Communicate early and often with buyers and resolve disputes quickly.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

What if I have met the criteria for release and the funds are still held.

The release of payments is not automatic before 21 days, so you need to email or phone paypal via "contact us" bottom of paypal pages with the transaction i.d's of the payments involved. State how you met the criteria for release of funds before 21 days eg feedback or a tracking number.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

softailslim
Contributor
Contributor

So why are they holding £154 of my hard earned money after nearly four weeks, whenI have received positive feedback, and totally ignoring my formal complaint about their questionable practices. After the recent TV exposure of Paypal's illegal scams I am beginning to think that I should start legal proceedings against them. Fortunately this is very simple to do as I recently sued Barclays Bank and won.

Login to Me Too

terry64
Contributor
Contributor

after reading your post i'have had the same deal but on a lower scale 

but thats not the issue 

the issue is that paypal are getting away with scaming us the customer out money that could 

be earnig intrest in my account

Login to Me Too

irishrover123
Contributor
Contributor

hi , paypal are also holding my funds , but they wont reply to my emails ??, i have no outstanding disputes, and i have 100% feedback, ,and also i am not  NEW MEMBER, ?????

Login to Me Too

softailslim
Contributor
Contributor

Go to money claim online and issue a summons for the return of your money. You also claim for all court costs. You don't have to go to court you can do it from the comfort of your own home. It's very easy. I would urge anyone being scammed by Paypal or any other criminal organisation to do the same.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

irishrover.

You may not be a new member but are you a new ebay seller?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

stebase
Contributor
Contributor

the same is happening to me, i am a new seller and have hyad payments held in the past but were released in the alloted time, fair enough, but now i am having 3 current paymenst held all over 30 days old and i done evrything correct, sent items straight away and received postive feedback, also contacted paypal without any answers as to why... they are taking a lend tbh, suppose they had to come up with some way of making interest since they can no longer wait 5-7 days for funds to transfer into accounts.... feel like i am being scammed... 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.