Why dont Paypal mention in tv ad they keep new sellers money for as long as they want?

Impledimplepimp
Contributor
Contributor
Just wondering why they don't mention that in their tv ads?,anyone would think it was worth promoting in their advert,particulary because withholding new sellers money from them is meant to build up sellers credibility,yes,i'll repeat that,Paypal keeping 'your' money' from you makes you more credible to buyers???What???
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Impledimplepimp

They don't keep it for as long as they want to.

They keep it for 21 days at the max, but when i went through the new seller hold i rarely waited longer than a week to 10 days as I sent trackable.

Secondly yes its for buyer protection and without buyers we would not sell anything.

When a buyer pays it is never instant > paypal CREDIT the seller the funds and then paypal wait for the buyers funds to complete through to paypal to reimburse them.

But they only take that risk if they think the buyer won't have to open a dispute against the seller. If you are a new seller then they do not know that so they keep your funds for a little while until you have proven yourself.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Impledimplepimp
Contributor
Contributor
They 'do' hold onto the money for as long as they want to!!If they want to hold it for 7-10 days they 'will',if they 'want' to hold onto it for 21 days,they 'will',hope i cleared that up for you? What makes Paypal think new sellers are a liability and a risk??I had an account previoysly on Ebay for 15 ywars and never received a negative,or indeed a neutral!Hope that's cleared up as well. It's patronising to tar all new sellers as being unable to send promptly,sell a quality item, and wanting to dusappear with peopke's money!! In fact,i would say the opposite was true,a new seller would want to bend over backwards to get off on a good foot and try to make as good an impression as possible!No? Only people that have ripped 'me' off over the years have been established sellers with hundreds of feedbacks,so why aren't payments retained and made 'pending' in these cases?,yes,exactly!Hope i cleared that up as well!
Login to Me Too

Impledimplepimp
Contributor
Contributor
Oh,and you never answered my question about the tv ads,did you?It's a 'big' safety feature seemingly to protect buyers,get it on the advert new sellers get 'their' money retained from them sale after sale!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Impledimplepimp

Smiley Very Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Impledimplepimp
Contributor
Contributor
If you can't defend the indefensible,put up a smiley!That'll work!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Impledimplepimp

Or if the post you have read is just so pathetic then a smiley is the only answer.

I can give you the information but not the intelligence to understand it.

Smiley Very Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.