Made a sale now saying unauthorised transaction and my account showing negative balance

Cybernoid
New Community Member

Yesterday I sold an item on ebay, received payment, and packaged it up.

Several hours later, I got a message through ebay to say the listing has been cancelled as it was an unauthorised use of the buyer's account.

At first I thought that maybe the buyer was trying to pull a fast one, now I have come to the conclusion is that I need to resolve this regardless. Paypal is asking me to transfer money to resolve the negative balance, but it is showing in USD! Will I lose out due to their exchange rate? (The transaction was carried out in GBP).

I have a UK bank account that can transfer USD, but it says it will take 5-7 days to fund Paypal from this account. Will the buyer open a dispute against me if the money takes several days to get back to them?

I feel as if I have been shafted for something that was never my fault. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Martin

Hi Cybenoid,

Welcome to your Community!

I am sorry to hear you have had such an experience. If the payment was in £GBP, you should only add funds for the amount you received for the sale excluding fees charged by PayPal.

If you need assistance please contact our Customer Support on 0800 358 7911.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.