How do I mark payments as processed when supplying a service

Big_Dave
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, recently recieved an email that said:

• If you provided a service or sold an intangible item that doesn't require postage (e-book, piano lessons, etc.): Mark the order as 'processed' in your PayPal account. Your funds should be available after 7 days (or 14 days if your buyer is based outside the UK)

So this applies to me but when I go to the payment there is no 'processed' there is only 'sent' so I went with 'sent' cos that's the only one and the letter also said: 

• If you sold an item: After you post the item, mark it as 'sent' in your PayPal account and provide the tracking number if available. Your funds should be available 7 days after the postage date (or 14 days if you're posting to outside the UK)

So it achieves the same thing but I don't send things and I want to mark things as 'Processed'

Please advise.  Is there a setting somewhere to tell you that I sell services and not things?  Thanks in advance.

Dave

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_paula

Hi there Big_Dave and welcome to the PayPal community forum, 

If you are not seeing the option to mark the item as "processed" then I would advised to option "sent" as you already have done. This has the same outcome with your funds being released after 7 days. Here is some additional information for you https://www.paypal.com/uk/selfhelp/article/FAQ1987. 

I hope this helps,

Paula 

Login to Me Too

KevDaley
New Community Member

Hi Paula,

The FAQ has disappeared, but this question is still valid. I've used the 'service rendered' option for years but recently the interface has changed and the option no longer exists, so I don't know whether a confirmation email has been sent to the buyer.

Does this happen automatically now?

Login to Me Too

RobWick
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Big_Dave.  

I had the same problem!

Here's the answer:  in the current "transaction details" page (where Paypal says to go to do this) there is no setting for this.  You have to go to the "classic view" to get the right controls.  When on the transaction details page, look along the bottom.  You hopefully will see a thin blue bar that says "for a limited time" you can access the classic view.  When you do this you'll see the option to mark as processed.   

Hopefully when that "limited time" ends they will have updated the current view to allow for this.  

Cheers!

Rob

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.