Expediting Dispute about item purchase that has yet to be received.

MaxwellC
Contributor
Contributor

I've already spoken with both Ebay/Paypal and have had Paypal file a official dispute with the seller already. The thing that really I guess irritates me is the fact that I have to wait 10 days for my money back when the seller provided false information (false phone number) and also scammed me + 6 other people. I would think that both of those factors would speed up the process and would get mine and everyone elses money back. The seller had a lot positive Feedback and no negative/neutral but now since he's scammed me and 6 other people he clearly has several total negative Feedback complaining about not receving the item or a re-fund. I've spoken to Paypal/Ebay countless of times and boy I've become so frustrated with buying from Ebay and having to deal with both Ebay/Paypal. I've definitely learned my lesson though next time I'll just buy from Amazon.

So my question now comes after my complaining, can this process be sped up any faster? Let's say if me and the other buyers get together and I guess file a group case against this person will that speed up the time or no? Lastly is there anyway possible to speed this process up, having to wait 10 more days because well obviously the seller isn't going to respond to Ebay or Paypal especially when I had both attempt to contact him via email/his fake phone number and it didn't work. I just want my money back before the end of this week, so I can buy my Xbox One from Gamestop and be on my merry way playing Destiny with my friends.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

MaxwellC
Contributor
Contributor

I should probably add that there was several total negative feedback at that time before his account got suspended. There should be a lot more since only two of the six compliants aside from my own were about PS4s. He sold 5 Xbox Ones so there would be 3 others who are most likely un-able to give negative feedback due to his account being suspended. I do believe he sold 5 or 8 PS4 bundles (both consoles he sold were fraudulent). You're probably asking why is it at fraud at this point well it's pretty simple no one got their items, everyone attempted to email and call (his fake number that Ebay failed to authenticate so they know it's the actual Ebay sellers number). 

Added: There are two variants to the PS4 he sold one is a bundle with kill zone shadow fall and one is a jet black PS4, so basically he sold a lot of PS4s since there are two variants. The best part is the person bought the PS4 on August 31st and has yet to receive response from the seller. Still don't see how paypal/ebay can expect a response from the seller at this point

I'm sorry for coming off so pessimistic but it's just very annoying to deal with this situation involving a scammer in the especially when the payment was made instantly for the item but you can't receive a refund that instant when it's clearly a scam at this point. This kind of system really needs to change especially if there's a huge crowd of people who are currently involved.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Sophie

Hi MaxwellC,

Welcome to the Community Forum! I'm so sorry to hear about the issues you've had with the item you purchased.

Although we can definitely appreciate your concern about this issue and the fact that you would like the review time speeded up, when any claim is filed with us, we have a process which must be followed, regardless of any negative feedback or other external factors on either the buyer or seller's side.

We try to be as fair as possible when reviewing all claims, which means remaining neutral, and giving both parties a reasonable chance to respond. For this reason, we always give a seller 10 days to respond to us once a claim has been opened by one of their buyers. We don't take the word of either the buyer or the seller, which I am sure you can appreciate is in the interests of fairness to all parties in involved. Once the relevant 10 day timeframe has passed, you'll automatically receive a full refund, if the seller does not respond.

We will pass your feedback along to the relevant team here, to see if we can make changes to how we review claims, particularly if a seller has negative feedback from other buyers, but for the moment, the 10 day timeframe for a seller to respond to a case will remain.

I hope this information helps,

Sophie

Login to Me Too

MaxwellC
Contributor
Contributor

Honestly I wouldn't have a problem with that, you know giving 10 days for the other party to say something but it's the simple fact that like I said before multiple people are involved with this seller and they've all been scammed when it came to buying PS4s or XB1s. The interest of this case should be sky high especially when the seller is making off with over $2000 dollars just from false advertisement (scamming). Added: The buyer has the money according to Ebay but they said they can still give everyones money back just like paypal stated.

I'm not being biased here but if I were I'm not sure let's say the heads head of the paypal department and I could influence my company is changing policies or taking action. If I see multiple cases being filed against one person for generally the samething I would resolve this matter within a three days by contacting the person using the information the buyer has given and if that doesn't work I'll send a direct letter to the guy first class 1 day shipping and ask for his response via mail. Now if that doesn't work I would instantly refund everyones money for those who are involved with the same "I have yet to receive my package or any shipping information and response from the seller" 

Login to Me Too

CJ61
Contributor
Contributor

I am in a similar situation. I paid for a saddle which I have not received. The seller has not responded to email enquiries and has given a fake phone number. I have made a claim, and although we are now past the date by which the seller should have responded to Paypal, the claim status is still 'awaiting response from seller'. I have had no further emails from Paypal to say what is happening now. I've tried calling Paypal but cannot speak to a real person. The automated response to my enquiry was that they are awaiting MY response regarding the claim. This is not correct, they have not requested anything further from me. It is very frustrating that I can't speak to anyone about it. I have sent an email to Paypal for more info, but am expecting a stock reply that will leave me none the wiser (this happened in a previous claim which was made against me, when my buyer just changed their mind over a purchase and demanded their deposit back). Come on Paypal, you are a multi national company but your customer service sucks.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

After the 10 days for the seller to respond has passed then paypal normally review the claim and make a decision within 48 hours after that.

To contact paypal >>>

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

OR have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

CJ61
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply. Paypal did in fact contact me yesterday after I made the post, and are issuing a full refund. I guess I was jumping the gun a bit and just hadn't waited long enough for things to progress. However I was getting a bit nervous about possibly not getting my money back! All seems well now though, just waiting for it to finally return to my bank account...

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Goodo  Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.