BUYER REFUNDED. NO GOODS RETUTNED

glc123
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

to keep things short and sweet, I sold an item which my buyer wasn't happy with who then opened a dispute through ebay.

It dragged on for a couple of weeks, so I escalated the case which was found in the buyers favor, so to honor my side of the bargain I refunded his money immediately.

I am now without money or goods. Is there anything I can do as ebay have gone silent on the matter.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You are supposed to wait until the item has been returned to you before you refund. 

Ebay/paypal cannot force a buyer to return an item if you have already refunded them.    Smiley Sad

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

glc123
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Ebay encouraged me to settle as I would not be shown to be at fault. Nontheless, I settled to bring an end to an impass which had occured.

I cannot believe, in law, the buyer can keep both money and goods.

Thank you again.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I agree, but there is nothing paypal or ebay can do.

You however could take a small claims action against them.

In fact i would email them and state that unless you get the item back you will be seeking advice from trading standards and filing in the small claims court. You would win as you have proof of a refund but they have no proof of returning the item.

You don't have to go ahead with it but sometimes the threat works.    Smiley Wink

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

glc123
Contributor
Contributor

Again, I'm grateful.

Nice to know where you stand with these two, though. Sellers beware.

Thanks, again.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.