sending money to us from uk

jpizzer33
Contributor
Contributor

hi

hi 

im trying to send money over to a friend in use but it keeps payment cant be processed, my acount is linked to a bank and card which are both confirmed , email is confirmed to, why would thisbe?

thanks

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jpizzer33

1. Are you sending it in dollars or sterling?

2. How are you funding it, funds in your balance or bank account / card?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jpizzer33
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, I'm sending sterling into dollars And also I'm sending from my PayPal account balance as I thought it may be easier than using my bank account
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jpizzer33

That may be the problem then.

If you are sending dollars but have sterling in your paypal balance then paypal won't use that balance as the funds in that balance have to be in the same currency as you are sending (if you get my drift).

You can click on that balance > manage currencies > currency conversion BUT you will lose a lot on paypals high conversion fees OR

just send in dollars and before you click to submit the payment it will tell you how much in sterling will be debited from your bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

jpizzer33
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for your help, once I have done this I will let you know the outcome
Login to Me Too

jpizzer33
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Still isn't working keep getting the message "we can't process your payment" and have had that for the last two days lol
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jpizzer33

Are you still funding it from your balance (converted) or bank account now?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

jpizzer33
Contributor
Contributor
A converted balance friend
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jpizzer33

ok one more thing then. If you go BACK to the page where you converted it AND on the left side of the page mark that currency as the PRIMARY one for that transaction (you can change it back afterwards).

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.