linking bank account

mark888
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, my name is Mark Smith and I would like to register my HSBC bank account to my Paypal account so I can get verified but when I opened my HSBC account online way back in 2005 there was a spelling mistake when opening the account and my name was spelt Mrk instead of Mark and Ive just never corrected it as its never been a problem doing my day to day online banking, but I was wondering if it would be a problem linking my bank account with my first name is spelt Mrk when my Paypal account is spelt Mark especially as my surname Smith is spelt correctly on both my bank account and my Paypal account ?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi mark888,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

Ideally the bank account name and PayPal Account name to match exactly to avoid any issues with withdrawals made to the bank, some banks may reject the withdrawals due to a name mismatch. As this is only a typo it can be corrected on the PayPal Account for you by calling our Customer Support team. You can find the correct name by clicking on "Help and Contact"-> "Call Us" at the bottom of the PayPal website.

Thanks - Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.