Unresolved Case that I closed bc of naivety

sophiech01
Contributor
Contributor

I recently found a seller on depop selling NMD's, so I messaged them asking to buy them. I proposed I pay by paypal to reduce their fees and get it cheaper for myself. They didn't state their condition in the post, so I SPECIFICALLY asked if they were brand new, and they replied yes. When I got them, I was disappointed to see clear wear marks, scuffs and dirt marks. Usually, I wouldn't be so bothered, but I paid 80 odd pound, although it is not a large sum of money, it was especially hard for me to spend it on shoes. After expressing my disappointment, she replied with 'no returns'. I opened a Paypal case for the first time and expected good things. She replied almost instantaneously on PayPal, while she took 1+ days on email/depop. She insisted that she had 'no returns' in her bio, but I have screenshots of her bio before she had stated this, clearing showing she had recently added it. She said that I had constantly complained about the price, although I had only messaged her on 2 occasions and another involving shipping costs. To end it all, she messaged me on depop saying 'please can you close the case and talk on here to sort it out, as I cant use my PayPal' Me being naive and trusting, messaged her saying if you agree to give me a 15% refund I will. So she said okay, and I closed the case. I later messaged saying when will you make the refund. The next day, I had found out she had blocked me and ignored my message. At the end of the day, it was stupid for me to close the case, although I was unaware of the inability to reopen, but I feel betrayed and that she had taken a cowardly route. Please can someone tell me if there IS ANY possibility of reopening or getting PayPal to contact her. I have emailed her, but it seems she has ignored, as she posted on fb 5 hours ago. Thanks for reading, I know its strenuous.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.