Paid and not recieved

Andrewbarton
Contributor
Contributor
So I bought an item advertised on depop, an iPhone 7. And I had spoken to the seller for a while back and forth, not a delay between each message. So we finally agreed a price for the item, and said first class delivery which she said was possible, and a tracking code for proof of postage. So I sent the money (£350) to her account under goods and service not through depop as they take a large stake in the transaction. This event happened 11 days ago, I have not heard from the seller, last thing she had said is that she has sent the item and it’s coming on the 7th of July, it’s now the 10th, I have not received any proof of postage it obviously hasn’t been sent first class, and I have sent tons of messages without a reply. Getting seriously worried now as it is a large amount of money.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Andrewbarton,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

Since you sent this payment using the goods and services option you are protected in the event that it does not arrive with you. If you are concerned that it will not turn up I recommend opening a buyer dispute in the Resolution Centre of your account. This is how https://www.paypal.com/gb/selfhelp/article/how-do-i-open-a-dispute-with-a-seller-when-a-purchase-goe... . When you register a dispute initially it opens a dialogue between you and the seller so you can discuss the issue, if that doesn't go well you can then escalate to a PayPal claim and we take over.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

Andrewbarton
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, thanks Rachael. I have already made a dispute for this situation a couple days back, I have not heard back from the seller for almost a week regarding when I will receive 'proof of postage' this has not haven't and I have sent multiple messages trying to chase up the situation, I do not think the seller what's to cooperate with this issue. Thanks again, Andrew
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.