Non-US – Verified

ermba
Contributor
Contributor

What does Item "The recipient of this payment is Non-US – Verified" mean exactly and why is it even relevant when I have bought a pair of boots from someone residing within the UK?  Or do I sound paranoid ....

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Preplexsion
Contributor
Contributor
It simply means their PayPal is Verified and is not based in the US - it's not that important.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ermba

Well it tells you that someone does NOT reside in the U.S but is verified.

MY paypal account is non-US verified !!

As paypal is a US company its just to show we are not in the US but we are verified.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

Preplexsion
Contributor
Contributor
It simply means their PayPal is Verified and is not based in the US - it's not that important.
Login to Me Too

ermba
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply, and I much appreciated your time.  However, if being Verified is not all that important, why did I bother to get myself Verified years ago when I first joined Papal (am in the UK)  I wonder .....  Just a random thought .... don't need an answer.  I guess you mean something like  'in the grand scheme of things' etc., and it's an American corporation, therefore, I assume I am not Verified in the US either 😉   Excuse these ramblings of a female who just hit her 70th year on planet earth!

Login to Me Too

ermba
Contributor
Contributor

eBay and PayPal have got a lot more complicated in recent years, and I didn't want to take it for granted but thank you for confirming this for me.  It's good to know that folk are out there to help - I seem to be getting more paranoid as I advance into my 70's 😉  Female too !   Thank you for  your time.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ermba

Well you did not bother to reply to me so i don't know if you read my post or not but I explained exactly what it meant.

Non - us verified means they are NOT in the U.S but ARE verified.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ermba
Contributor
Contributor

My apologies - I did reply with a thank you and didn't mean to appear rude - maybe I didn't post it correctly so this should rectify:

Thank you for your reply, and I much appreciated your time. However, if being Verified is not all that important, why did I bother to get myself Verified years ago when I first joined Papal (am in the UK) I wonder ..... Just a random thought .... don't need an answer. I guess you mean something like 'in the grand scheme of things' etc., and it's an American corporation, therefore, I assume I am not Verified in the US either 😉 Excuse these ramblings of a female who just hit her 70th year on planet earth!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ermba

Sorry but you still do not get it.

They ARE verified, they just don't have a paypal account in the U.S.

I am non-us-verified as well but I am most certainly verified.

The 'non' bit  ONLY refers to them NOT being in the U.S but it then tells you they are verified.

If they were NOT verified it would say Non-US- Non-Verified.

But it does not it says Non-U.S- Verified.

So to split it down they are Non-US...................hava a paypal account and live elsewhere than the U,S (like I do as I am in the UK).

And.................verified............so they are verified.

Non-US-but VERIFIED.

I can't make it anymore clear but have posted 3 times now trying to make you see it. And yes you thanked the second poster but not me which does not bother me but thats why I thought you had not seen my post.

And what does your age have to do with anything? How old do you think I am???

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ermba
Contributor
Contributor

"I can't make it anymore clear but have posted 3 times now trying to make you see it." 

Thank you for the clarity of your last post, I certainly got it that time ;-))))

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ermba

Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.