Limited Account

Poppyhun
New Community Member
I have just set up an account, but shortly after I received an email from PayPal apologizing for any interruption BUT they have limited my account, as it was tagged as a risk? Does anyone know how to resolve this, to enable me to have a full account and full access; appantly I am unable to receive or make payments, which defies the objective...right? I haven't connected my phone number, bank card/account details yet....perhaps that is the issue? Many thanks in advance for your help 🙂
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Jack_M
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal may limit your account as a security measure to protect your account and keep PayPal safe.

The process is similar to passing through a security checkpoint and being asked to show identification. When PayPal limit an account, they are often simply asking the account holder to supply information to verify their identity, financial information or the merchandise they're selling.

An account may be limited for a variety of reasons. When you log into your account, you will see a message explaining the reason behind the decision to limit your account.

Possible reasons could include:

• Possible unauthorised account access
  • Unresolved buyer disputes or credit card chargebacks
  • Violations of the User Agreement or Acceptable Use Policy
  • Someone associated with you has an unresolved issue with PayPal

To see what PayPal need you to do to restore your account:

1. Go to Summary.
  2. Click the Notifications icon at the top of the page.
  3. A 'Notifications' panel will appear on the right side of your screen.

If the limitation has been set as permanent, this decision is final and cannot be appealed. Otherwise, provided that all required steps / information is fulfilled, there should be no issues with restoring your account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.