Adding a foreign (Euro) bank account to my UK paypal

chri2928
New Community Member

Hello everyone, recently moved to France rom UK . I want to add my French bank account to paypal but it won't let me add a non-British account. What can I do to resolve this?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Dian

Hi Chri2928, 

Thanks for posting your question. 

I am sorry that you did not receive a response yet. 

PayPal is country specific. If you have moved to France you would need to open a new account in France. This will also allow you to add your French bank account. If you are no longer living in the UK I would advise to close that account. If you have an address in both countries you can have two accounts :). 

I hope this information helps. 

Dian

Login to Me Too

Luca123
New Community Member
What happens if you still leaving in uk .....do I need to open another PayPal account to register the non uk card
Login to Me Too

Laura_de_sycamp
New Community Member

Hello, Following on this topic: if I create a French PayPal account, how do I transfer money from the English-based account to the French-based account? Will it make transferring the money from one account to the other easier? Many thanks for your help, Laura

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Dian

Hi there :),

Thanks for asking your question in our Community. If you have an address in both countries, you can have 2 PayPal accounts. When you need to transfer funds, you can choose the 'Send money to friends and Family' option. This way you will not pay the seller fees :).

When the payment is completed, you can withdraw any funds to the bank that is linked to the PayPal account.

I hope this answers your question.

Dian

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.