Using Xoom

Mick10
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone using the new service, Xoom?  I am really unhappy with them.  I am in France for an extended period and thought it would be a good way to send money (in Euros) to my French bank account form my US bank account.  I have been a member of PayPal since 2001 and have been a member of the US bank I use for PayPal for over 40 years.  In addition my credit scores are well above 800.  When I tried to set up a transaction in Xoom to test the system I got a representative who seemed to be following a defined script and could not deviate.  She asked me the same questions four or five times, such as "what is your US mobile phone number?"  When I replied that I only had a French mobile number and a French landline number she would ask again what my US number was.  I thought we had finally gotten through the process until I later got an email that stated I need to send a photo ID and a bank statement.  I complied and then received an email telling me I was not approved because some of my details could not be confirmed.  I called on the phone and was told, by another person, that I was not approved.  When I inquired what seemed to be the problem, hoping to be able to resolve it, I was told that they could not tell me what the problem was.  It seems to be I would be a good candidate for this service, but I guess not.  Any one else having this issue?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Kidtick7
New Community Member

I just got off the phone to cancel my Xoom account.  I almost want to cancel my PayPal account for putting me through this ordeal.  It seemed to good to be true.  My transaction was never processed with no explanation.  Wanted photocopies of government ID's and most recent bank account.  Kept reading a script when I asked questions.  Never again.  PayPal needs to look into this.  I feel better paying extra with the assurance the money will be deposited in the correct bank account. 

Login to Me Too

Mick10
Contributor
Contributor

I found this site:   https://www.consumeraffairs.com/finance/xoom_money_transfer.html and a lot of people are having the same problems with Xoom. Wonder why PayPal is putting up with it?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.