Problems in sending/receiving money through Xoom (service of PayPal)

Carol150
New Community Member

Is anyone experiencing problems in sending/receiving money through Xoom wich is a service of PayPal? Despite Xoom customer service’s communication confiming that "funds were paid out to the designated recipient" (what is also displayed in the website in my profile), I find out by chance that the transaction is not completed. After several e-mails to their customer service, they finally admitted that the transaction was on hold without further explainations. After some days, Xoom informed me that there were additional checks by a misterious "partner" asking for receipient's personal information. And, again, no more details were provided (despite the privacy regulations clearly states that cleints must be informed on who will process the data, how and for how long). Despite this lack of information, the receipient agreed to send the needed documents, but until now money has not been received. Now, I found many reviews on internet complaining the same and I am starting to feel scared. I really WISH I had read all these reviews before using this service. Can anyone help me understanding or sharing experience on that? Btw, I also wrote to Paypal, but they just told me it is not their business (actually it is!) and to contact Xoom customer service.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.