Humane Society of the United States

anesthesiaguy
New Community Member

Recently, PayPal has offered to match donations to the HSUS. You need to know that this is one of the most disgusting 'charities' on the face of the earth. They have lost their charity rating with Charity Navigator and they spend less that 1% of their funds on local animal shelters......looking at their ads or website would make you think they are rescuing dogs and cats and puppies and kittens. HSUS is a bad apple in my opinion and should not be trusted with your valuable dollars. Last year they spent almost a Million Dollars on lobbying. SHAME ON PAYPAL for not giving this more thought. Please donate to your local shelter if you are an animal lover like me. I can assure you that most of that money will get to where you expect it to go. Let your friends and neighbors know about this. Let PayPal know you dont approve. Bad move PayPal

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

stebbdt
New Community Member

I also feel it is in bad taste for paypal to align themselves with The Humane Society of The United States aka HSUS a known eco terrorist group from back in the day, you know, breaking into research facilities and releasing animals, etc. that's why they are using the name they are, to confuse folks into thinking they are supporting THE Humane Society, you know, the group who actually run shelters and adoption programs for actual animals not symbolic ones.

SHAME on paypal. God Bless all else.

Login to Me Too

coinoprus
Contributor
Contributor

Shameful charity.  They kill pets, not save them.  In April 2012 CharityWatch gave HSUS an “unsatisfactory” grade of “D” in its most recent charity rating guide. That marked the sixth straight “D” grade for HSUS, dating back to August 2010. Additionally, the inside-the-movement newspaper Animal People publishes an annual Watchdog Report taking a closer look at animal rights and animal welfare organizations. Animal People estimates that HSUS spends 43 percent of its budget on overhead costs.  Despite the words “Humane Society” in its name, HSUS’s goals are aligned more with the radical PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) than with local humane societies. HSUS promotes veganism and intends to end animal agriculture. It ideologically believes that most uses of animals are wrong.

Donations to HSUS are socked away in hedge funds, committed to bloated staff salaries and benefits or put right back into HSUS’s factory fundraising friends who do their direct mail solicitations. Our analysis determined that between 1998 and 2009, HSUS put more money into its own pension plan than it made in grants to pet shelters.  Paypal should drop it's sponsorship of this scam.  It does nothing to help local animal shelters and actually competes with them thus choking off funds to actual animal shelters.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.