How To Get PayPal To Permanently Delete My Account

WHATASCAM1

I've had a PayPal account for 20 years until it was recently shutdown for some unknown reason. I didn't even hardly use it except for some Ebay transactions and I know I didn't violate any terms. So when I contacted PayPal by phone all they would tell me was that my account has been shutdown but they wouldn't give me any reason or explanation. So in order to receive the balance of my account they were supposed to mail me a check but never did. When I contacted them about it, they said I had to fax in all sorts of financial documents which I did and they would re-send the check. But they never did and now it is showing as a withdraw in my PayPal account. I called them a few days ago and waited for 2 hours and never got through to anyone. But more importantly since I can no longer use the account and will never use any services affiliated with PayPal ever again, I just wanted to permanently delete my account. The main reason for this is because I can't use it, but also there is sensitive financial information in the account that someone could hack into. So when I asked them to permanently delete the account they told me I had to have my lawyer contact their legal department. I've never dealt with a more shady company in my entire life. I've already gotten my family and friends to delete their accounts so they don't go through the same experience and I would recommend this to anyone else reading this. There are so many better options out there such as Stripe. But just curious has anyone else ever experienced issues like this? 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.