HSUS Donations

DSEngland
Contributor
Contributor

I object to PayPal giving money to the Humane Society of the US, and matching donations made to HSUS by PayPal members. HSUS is an animal rights activist group, NOT a charitable foundation for the safeguarding, care and rescue of pets. HSUS is NOT affiliated with any local Humane Society and does NOT contribute money to local animal shelters. HSUS's mission is stopping people from eating meat. Period. The vast majority of HSUS funds are spent on outrageous salaries. The remainder is spent on legal representation and advertising. HSUS actively seeks to promote state ballot initiatives to outlaw modern livestock production methods. I am a farmer. I raise hogs to put wholesome, healthy, delicious meat protein on the tables of thousands of people every year. I adhere to strict rules and regulations regarding my handling, care and protection of my livestock. I am trained and certified to be a safe caretaker of my pigs. The only thing HSUS does for me is try to shut me down. HSUS spends millions on heartrending commercials showing the mistreatment of pets and livestock. But does HSUS give money directly to aid one single abused puppy? NO! PayPal needs to do more research on its preferred charities. HSUS does not deserve anyone's donations! Please reconsider this ill-conceived donation and matching charity drive.

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

nauzerman
New Community Member

I dis-like this organization...Just as bad as PETA.....

Login to Me Too

rer49
Contributor
Contributor

HSUS is a sleazy conglomeration of lawyers, lobbyist and whack jobs intent upon eliminating all interaction between humans and animals. They DO NOT repeat DO NOT help animals at all in any way. The bleeding heart commercials they (and their affiliates) use to dupe well meaning animal lovers into donating millions of dollars to them should be illegal and are a disgrace to all that is honorable. There is a huge and distinct difference between animal welfare (taking care of and making life better for animals) and animal rights (desire to take rights from free people often by terrorist methods in the name of animals).

I have had an account with PayPal for many years and find the fact that they are willing to participate in the devious and deceptive activities of HSUS, PETA and ASPCA very disturbing. When I started with PayPal they filled a unique and needed service to online transactions, much has changed over the years. Online transactions are far more secure and many alternative resources for money transfers have emerged. I have always been a loyal customer to companies that provide a good service and treat me with respect. I will not stay with PayPal if they disrespect me by helping people who want to take my rights away directly or indirectly. I truly hope to see PayPal find more honorable charities to support.    

Login to Me Too

DSEngland
Contributor
Contributor

Couldn't agree more! Well said! I'm with you!

Login to Me Too

TheSkull
Contributor
Contributor

HSUS is 99% political and 1% to help animals.  Giving to them only advances a leftist political agenda.

Login to Me Too

JPDJPD
New Community Member
It amazes me that PayPal didn't do more research before entering into this partnership with HSUS. What an embarrassment. HSUS is rated poorly by every reputable charity watchdog organization. Their executives are overpaid and the majority of donated funds go towards activism rather than actual animal welfare, well-being, and rescue. An earlier post said it very well, that there are loads of choices now for temporary storage and electronic transfer of money. If PayPal chooses to maintain this relationship with HSUS, I'll also leave. I don't want my money going to HSUS, even indirectly, because I disagree with their approach and believe HSUS is dishonest with the public about their real purpose.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.