scammed by a newbie

thomasburnetta
Contributor
Contributor
I had not sold on ebay for over 4 years when they went to paypal. I put on a tlc bisque head Bonnie Babe that needed a lot of work. bids were going well and then a snipe won the bid. She got rude right away saying the postage was too much so i figured i would be having trouble with her but she had some good feedback even if she was a newbie. She ripped into me about the doll and demanded I sell it to her for less than I had originally listed it. Not knowing much since I had not sold to anyone for a long time, I declined to sell it to her for cheap. Guess that is the scamming part. She put into ebay that she wanted the doll for 35 bucks because it would cost her such and such to repair it. She should not have bid on it if she didnt want to repair it. was sold as tlc. Ebay decided in her favor so like an idiot, i returned her money thinking she would send me my doll back. I figured if she picked it apart like she was talking at least I would get the merchandise back. It has been about 10 days and no return so i figure I got scammed. At first I took it really hard but now I think that since Ebay has become a place for fraud and all kinds of other things, I will cancel out and go to Ebid. But, ebay is messing around with my bank account and owes me money and I still have to hang in here. Hope it is overwith soon. So long Bonnie Babe doll. I hope gooseeggsmooseeggs takes care of you.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

jw665
New Community Member

you are not completely out contact both paypal and Ebay they will make the buyer prove they have sent back the item the same way they make the seller and when your buyer cannot prove they have sent the item back they will charge back the amount to there account I had a buyer do the same thing to me but I called ebay then explained to the buyer they would have to send back the item before they could get a refund I got appology emails from the buyer once they found out they had to send back the item this is a typical scam called buyers remorse the buyer purchases a item then complains about it with hopes they will get a refund and to keep the item always take very detailed pictures of a item before shipping make sure the buyer has a confirmed address and always include a trackingservice on your package it is a good idea to ship the same day if possible and send your buyer email updates thru their email and Ebays services you will see on your listing a place to post a tracking number this automatically generates a email to your buyer and track the package yourself and once it arrives email your buyer with a follow up and tell them Thanks this will help cut down on your fraud and make you a dependable seller Ebay and Paypal are the same company and will help you a little but when it comes down to it your really your own best defense Feebay and Payme love their fees and that is all they really seem to be concerned about

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You should not have refunded until you got your item back from the buyer.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.