My web site was HACKED!

sonya_k
New Community Member

I made sales in December and up to and including yesterday...all the money my customers paid went to a THIEF!  My web site guy has updated my site that included newer security features and asked me to contact this latest customer to get them to open a claim with Paypal to recover their money.  The other orders were sent out directly to the customers before I had realized that I hadn't gotten the money deposited to my Paypal account.  The money was totally rerouted to someone else and I lost the inventory/postage AND the money they paid.

After going through the checkout process myself to see what was going on...I got to the page to pay through Paypal that said, "This recipient is unable to receive money.  Return to [email]"  (I have NO IDEA who that is!!!)  And no idea why or how this happened.  Is there ANY way to track these transactions and get my money or is it truly LONG GONE???

And...my reputation is important to me...if this newest customer submits a claim, does it negatively effect me?  I've never had this happen before and any insight and advice would be truly appreciated.  tx.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.