Fraud/Scamming help!

donedelacruz
Contributor
Contributor

I wanted to buy a new bike part, and my mother gave me 100 dollars and I used my own 100 dollars so I sent a guy $200.00 dollars and he claims he never recieved it. Paypal confirmed that it was recieved. And so now I've been waiting since December 2, 2010, and now its January 16th (right before my birthday). Now can i get a refund of some sort for the fraud of my 200? This guy  never sent me a thing either. HELP ME PLEASE

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Madippy
New Community Member

Sorry to hear that. If you find out anything, please let me know because I am going through the same thing; paypal says the transaction was complete yet I have not received the item and the seller HAS received the money.

Login to Me Too

donedelacruz
Contributor
Contributor

I will tell you dont worry, and you are lucky because he still claims till this day that i did not send the moeny properly!

HELP SOMEONE PLEASE

Login to Me Too

theburgers3

where did the both of you buy this item from???? please do not say craigslist. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi donedelacruz and Madippy,

Welcome to the forums!

The first thing you want to do is verify that the transaction is complete. You can do this by going to your History and setting the dates back to before you made your purchase. Click the plus sign to see all associated transactions, and you'll be able to see the whole story. If the transaction is complete, then you have the option of filing a dispute for non-receipt.

If your seller has been non-responsive or uncooperative, opening a dispute will give him a wake-up call. It lets PayPal in on the conversation between you and the seller, and the behavior of the seller in this process is noted. A lot of sellers worry about their record with PayPal, and get serious once a dispute is opened. Sometimes a seller was genuinely just confused about whether or not they received the payment, and the dispute calls their attention to the specific payment, and then they can say, "Oh yeah, THAT one."

So what happens if the dispute is going nowhere? You can escalate the dispute to a claim if you do so within 20 days of the opening of the dispute. If you escalate and the dispute was opened within 45 days of the transaction date, PayPal will require the seller to provide tracking or a refund. However, dondelacruz, in your case I would not recommend escalating too fast, as you're outside of the 45 day time frame for Purchase Protection, which means that PayPal can't force the seller to provide tracking or a refund anymore. Your best bet is to open the dispute and communicate with the seller that way.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.