Email received for transaction made by a user other than me

hilcat
New Community Member

I have no idea what to think. I just got an email from for someone else, but to MY email address. It isn't asking me to do anything, and when I checked into my paypal account via another computer, no rogue transactions show up, but I am concerned. Should I just ignore it, or what?

After all I had to do to get the paypal account once upon a time, and since I have had my email address for a long time, it seems unlikely this could be a legit paypal email. I am not about to risk any of my money to find out, though.

Another think I noticed. for some time now, paypal has been sending plain text emails to confirm a payment, but this new email is in html. That alone makes me suspicious, but the return path looks good, and I am as confused as can be.

Any recommendations?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

matherhamper
New Community Member

I just had the same thing happen to me.  I'm getting payment notifications and a "bill me later" approval that don't apply to my account.  I think someone with the same name across the country with a similar email address added my email to their account by mistake.  There isn't any suspicious activity in my paypal account either.

I'm trying to find out how to remove my email address from that person's paypal account.  I added another email address to my paypal account and recieved a confirmation request, I never got that confirmation request for this other person's account, checked my spam folders too.  I find that part suspicious.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.