Email from buyer

stupida-s
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I am new to this pay pal. But I recently listed an item, got a buyer and they wanted to pay by paypal. They asked for my email that I used on paypal. Sent the email, then I received and email from  the buyer saying they had "paid for the item and I needed to ship it" also received and email from paypal saying the money had been taken out of buyer account and to get it posted to my account I had to send  the tracking number from the package. Sent the tracking number and received and email from paypal stating that the money would be in my account in 24 hours. This morning I received and email supposedly from paypal stating that they had taken $400 more from the buyer than was supposed to and if I wanted to receive my money that I had to refund the $400. I don't understand how they expect someone to refund $400 that they never received. I guess you would say that "stupid me" sent the item to the address and now I don't have the item or the money. I do I know if the first email from pay pal was legitate? Any suggestions on what I should do. Because the first email I received from paypal told me to mail the item also.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

maverick125
Contributor
Contributor
I'm having the same problem. Paypal is fraud in itself.
Login to Me Too

stupida-s
Contributor
Contributor

Is there anything that can be done, to either get money or item back? I have the receipt where they signed for the item when they received it, will that help at all?? Just don't know what to do

Login to Me Too

oandwredd
New Community Member

I had the same thing happen to me.  As a matter of fact, this guy just threatened legal action against me.  He can pretty much get bent, as far as I'm concerned.  It's all a scam.  You can try calling the local police in whatever town you sent that to. Other than that, I'm not sure what you can do.  Just don't send your item before you get the money.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.