prepaid gift card linking problems

apallozzi
Contributor
Contributor

I recently bought a Visa vanilla gift card and tried linking it and i got a code but it didn't work. So i linked it two more times and didn't work and now theres 6$ taken off the card from paypal and I just removed it, but haven't gotten any of the money back. How do I get a refund?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

apallozzi
Contributor
Contributor

36 views and no reply, nice

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

Call PayPal... login to your PayPal account, click on the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any PayPal website page and select the "Call Us" option to obtain a Web PIN number and the PayPal phone number for your account.

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello apallozzi,

More than likely the $6 would be authorizations that would be made each time you tried to add the card. When you add an actual credit card (not a Gift card) PayPal authorizes that card and charges is each time the authorization usually releases back to the account after 3 days in a case like this. If it is an actual credit card PayPal will charge the card and deposit the money into the PayPal account.

While PayPal accepts most payment methods, some gift and virtual cards are not compatible with our system. For your security, PayPal will attempt to validate your gift or virtual card before it can be used. Our validation methods require you to have a card billing address and billing statement. Because most cards of this type do not require a billing address, nor do they issue billing statements, PayPal may not be able to validate the card and, therefore, may not be able to accept the card as a funding source for your account.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.