Paypal to Paypal payment fees?

monkeyoneboo
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to figure out how much the fee is,if any,when someone pays for a product using their paypal account. I didnt think there was a charge for this kind of transaction,but it seems every purchase someone makes cost me. Could someone explain it for me?? I have typed fifteen different questions in the search bar on this topic with no results.

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

TekGems
Contributor
Contributor

Hey monkey... Fees are confusing on PayPal aren't they?

A partial fee schedule is listed here:

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-fees

If you have a Personal PayPal account, you can receive up to $500 a month for free if the person pays from their PayPal balance. You pay 2.9% + $0.30 USD when the money comes from a debit or credit card or PayPal Credit (the sender decides who pays this fee).

p.s. If you like or appreciate my response, please click on the thumbs up button.

Login to Me Too

monkeyoneboo
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks.Maybe paypal should add a tab on our account overview -"Fees"-so we know whats really up without having to dig and dig for answers lol.

Login to Me Too

lilcarp87
Contributor
Contributor

From: If you have a Personal PayPal account, you can receive up to $500 a month for free if the person pays from their PayPal balance. ( of TekGems )

Are you serious ? How about users use another Account Type: Premier ; Business ... ? How much does the person pay from their account ?

Example:

My friend made a payment to me and he paid $5.00 so will I receive up to $500 ?

Login to Me Too

monkeyoneboo
Contributor
Contributor

Im unsure about fees for accounts other than personal-im pretty new too.I bet someone will reply with more knowledge and experience than I. You can recieve up to $500 worth of payments a month from other paypal account holders for free,then they start with the fees is how I understand it.

Login to Me Too

monkeyoneboo
Contributor
Contributor

Honestly I havent took the time to do all the math-I dont wanna be more discouraged with this "fee" situation than I already am.

Login to Me Too

joejack
Contributor
Contributor

just made my first sale

and wow the fees are crazy

12% from ebay and now paypal wants a chunk of it

the sale was only 1.75 with shipping so i was charged .35 on top of the .12 from ebay

shippin cost me .75 so i barely made 50 cent

wow im in shock

Login to Me Too

monkeyoneboo
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah we workin for a couple of rich men somewhere!

Login to Me Too

TekGems
Contributor
Contributor

@monkeyoneboo wrote:

Yeah we workin for a couple of rich men somewhere!

You got that right!

https://www.paypal-media.com/management.cfm

Scott Thompson is president of PayPal with overall responsibility for establishing PayPal as the leading global online payment service.

http://pages.ebay.ph/aboutebay/thecompany/executiveteam.html

John Donahoe became President and CEO of eBay Inc. on March 31, 2008. In this role, John has global responsibility for growing each of the company's business units, which include eBay Marketplaces, PayPal and Skype.

donahoe[1].jpg

Login to Me Too

monkeyoneboo
Contributor
Contributor

Boy they sure are wearing some pretty suits! I guess you gotta look good when youre robbing people.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.