Insight into micropayments

hrg_one
New Community Member

I've read the page about signing up for micropayments, and for some reason something seems to be missing.  It states that it will process all payments coming through the account at the 5% + .05 cents.  Whats not making sense to me is that there isn't a posted limit as to what is considered a micropayment minimum amount or maximum amount?  So, from what I am taking away from this is I can have one account that will process all payments made to me no matter how big or how small at the 5% + .05 cents rate.  If any one can elaborate on this topic it will be greatly appreciated.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Amanda411

Hi hrg_one,

Welcome!

Typically a micropayment account works best if your typical transaction is for less than $12. If you will regularly be receiving payments for more than $12 you should not use a micropayment account or have a second PayPal account for those transactions.

Amanda

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

@hrg_one wrote:

Whats not making sense to me is that there isn't a posted limit as to what is considered a micropayment minimum amount or maximum amount?

There isn't a minimum or maximum amount. All payments received by the Micropayments account will be charged the 5% plus 5 cents fee.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.