Fee for Starting an Account??

TallGirl
Contributor
Contributor

Tonight I verified my account and added a debit card. I just looked at my bank statement, and I have a debit from PayPal for $1.00. Each of the PayPal additions was less than $0.10.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Andy

TallGirl- First, welcome to PayPal!  Lemme answer your concerns for you.

The dollar "charges" are authorizations. We just use those to make sure the credit/debit card is active and working correctly. They should reverse back to the card within a few days at most.

The deposits from PayPal are to confirm your bank account. If you log into your account, on the far right you'll have a box with the option to "Confirm Bank Account". If you click on that and enter the 2 amounts we deposited, that'll prove your ownership of the bank and finish the confirmation process.

Hope this answers your questions!

Andy

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

PayPal_Andy

TallGirl- First, welcome to PayPal!  Lemme answer your concerns for you.

The dollar "charges" are authorizations. We just use those to make sure the credit/debit card is active and working correctly. They should reverse back to the card within a few days at most.

The deposits from PayPal are to confirm your bank account. If you log into your account, on the far right you'll have a box with the option to "Confirm Bank Account". If you click on that and enter the 2 amounts we deposited, that'll prove your ownership of the bank and finish the confirmation process.

Hope this answers your questions!

Andy

Login to Me Too

TallGirl
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, that does help. I had missed the checking my credit/debit card use explanation. Thank you!

Login to Me Too

Sellingnow1982
Contributor
Contributor

When I opened my paypal account they paid me 8 cents into my bank account so paypal paid me to open up my account.  They used to pay 5% interest and I would keep $18,000 in my account and earn $75 a month in interest now they pay a polutry interest rate and I keep less than $300 in my account.  It would be nice if paypal where a bank and was FDIC insured but there not.  They just make money when somebody buys an item on ebay and sends the money through paypal my last transaction they made $17.99 would be nice if they would cap that at $5.00 like they do echecks.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.