FEES

impressions
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a guide to how much PP charges for the dollar amount.  I just sold something for $1.50 and they charged me .34 .  That's over 20%

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

The standard PayPal fee is 2.9% plus 30 cents. For low dollar payments, you should look into getting a PayPal Micropayments account... the fee is 5% plus 5 cents. The Micropayments fee for a $1.50 payment is 13 cents... that's quite a bit less than the 34 cent standard PayPal fee you were charged.

Use the following link to read more about Micropayments accounts...

https://micropayments.paypal-labs.com

Login to Me Too

impressions
Contributor
Contributor

$1.50 is just for ordering samples.....most of my products are $15 and up.   It wouldn't pay to switch over to micro.

How much would it be for $15.  Do they take a fee towards the S&H too?  (est. $5.50) I don't want to raise the price of my product.  I sell more by phone than by the pp button.  A lot of my clients don't like PP and don't recommend it to their friends either.

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

PayPal fees are based on the payment amount received, and yes... that would include shipping/handling.

Login to Me Too

impressions
Contributor
Contributor

You are dammed if you do and dammed if you don't........why do they charge a fee on a s&h charge.   I can see the product, but why the s&H.  Are they also making money on the tax that is charged??????????.  Maybe we are better off including shipping and handling in the price of our products.....

Login to Me Too

Paulsr
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, I didn't know of such a paypal status existed. I just signed up. You saved me a lot of fee dollars!!!

Login to Me Too

impressions
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, that micropayment sounds good, but can I use it for only certain items on my site or certain amounts and will I have to change it for  the whole site.  Will there be a choice PP button on my webpage when editing it?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.