Hide real name in donations?

Elverion
Contributor
Contributor

I want to setup a donation tool on my website, however, I want to hide my real name by default from donators (for privacy concerns). It's fine that my email address or other information is shown; I just want to hide my name.

Is there any way this can be done?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Amanda411

Hi Elverion,

Welcome!

If you have a Business PayPal account the name displayed to your transaction partners is the business name registered to your account.

Amanda

Login to Me Too

Elverion
Contributor
Contributor

I do not have a business. Would I have to provide any sort of documentation of a business that would prevent me from upgrading?

Are there any other differences between a business account and a personal account I need to be aware of (other than what's listed as a "benefit")? Any additional fees? I could have swore that there was a lot of differences in fees when buying/selling between personal and business accounts before; it might have changed since then.

Login to Me Too

wesleyamullins
New Community Member

did this ever get answered?  i have the same question.  i want to add a "donate" button on my blog, but i dont want people to be able to see my real name after they donate.  i dont have a business or anything associated with the blog.  i just hoped there was a way i could get money from people if they liked my work without letting them see my real name. 

Login to Me Too

Amanda411

Hi All,

There is no cost to set up an account no matter the type.

You can learn more here

Amanda

Login to Me Too

Jasin
Contributor
Contributor

I am not sure if this was an answer or not. I am also looking for an answer to this question. I have a website and accept donations, but I don't want my real name to show for privacy. My email address, and website are fine, but how do I prevent my real information from being given?

The info below was from a real transaction. The X's all show where my real information was given. Can I change this?

You sent a payment of $10.00 USD to xxxx xxxxxxx.
This charge will appear on your credit card statement as payment to PAYPAL *XXXXXXXX.
Merchant information
XXXX XXXXXXXX

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

Jasin
Contributor
Contributor

Is there anyway to do this?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

charlieismydog
New Community Member

I would also like for this topic to be resolved. I am having the same exact issue. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.