Donations on a band page

thestoneheads
New Community Member

Hi everyone!

My band is trying to get donations in order to get more recording time/master our records. Right now we do not want to place our music on itunes, as we only have four songs available. I have several questions...

1. how do I go about getting a donation account/button/tab?

2. is it possible to link this feature on our facebook page/soundcloud/reverb account?

3. Does paypal need to review my donation account?

below is our soundcloud.

http://soundcloud.com/thestoneheads

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi thestoneheads, and welcome to the forums!

To get a donation button, you can go to your account, and profile, and My selling tools, and create a button. You can put the button wherever the full HTML code will work (many sites like Facebook, Myspace, etc will not actually work with the code). If the code does not work, there is also something called an "Email link" right above the code output for the button. This is a simple text link that you can include anywhere that allows the most basic HTML, like email, Facebook, etc.

There is no vetting involved to begin receiving donations. If your website is clear about what the donations are for, any necessary reviewing should most likely be able to be conducted without any disruption.

From a quick review of SoundCloud's site, it doesn't appear to be intended for monetizing your music distribution, so there may be specific rules about the circumstances under which you can request donations. Make sure you check their Terms of Use.

There are other sites that are specifically set up for selling individual tracks. One of my favorite local bands uses CDBaby.com. It has widgets for use on Facebook and your site and so forth. Not being a musician myself, I can't attest to how good a service it is, just that I know it exists. If you do some web searching for terms like "sell my original music online with PayPal" and so forth, you should probably be able to find some more info, reviews, etc.

Good luck with your music sales!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.